willettfx Sketchbook

Do you ever have nightmares? And do you see them as creative opportunity? lol awesome stuff

nightmares …They say more than 5 nightmares a year are psychopath or an artist…lol , creative opportunity … Wish I could get paid for my art… cool

Seeing all of the new work this past week, I’d say you really are building up an impressive collection of monsters here.

As for the possibility of nightmares, I know for a fact that it doesn’t seem to have much impact on my own dreams, but for those who are, what better way to get nightmare fuel than to envision a world filled with monsters ready to devour you if you make a wrong turn (even coming out of tires). O.o

Sculptris / Blender optical len focus test

animatronic eye u joint design closeup

testing renders closeup

Amazing, beautiful work! The BBC should hire you to design monsters for Doctor Who or something.

Trying to sculpt with Blender …in time

You’ll find your way in blender sculpting.
I so much get used to it, I can’t sculpt easily now in zbrush or 3dcoat.
Funny isn’t it?
Blender has the right sculpting tools. Simple and straight forward.
I don’t want to be a fan boy, just saying.
Zbrush has great tools but it’s so complicated… I’m also complicated so, it’s not a an issue to me. But, still wondering.

Thanks michalis your a very talented artist and so many other here. I Hope to get there Im slow at this …Noob!

I’ve been working on a wing design over a week now ,Dam near gave up ,playing around this afternoon made this wing .upper left no sub surface . hope to animate this gar creature one day, still learning …Gar creature picture render with keyshot demo sculpted in sculptris.

Im comfortable sculptris tool ,Trying Blender sculpt
Is there a tool brushes Scale and rotate? There is parts I want to scale down make thinner,Like eyelids.

The creature on the left sculptris right is Blender sculpt

Thanks
Gary

For scaling, there is the Pinch/Magnify brush that you can use with ctrl key to invert as you go. For the rotate, there is the Twist brush with the new code that make sit work way better than a few releases ago. Love your work btw

Thanks Craig,
me and blender retopology Learning …S l o w l y , add subsurface modifier just for fun ,I know it to much ,it look cool .

me and blender retopology

Twist tool, after official 2.67b
There’re modes, area plane (which rotates perpendicularly to the normal of the face under brush). You possibly need the ViewPlane mode for rotating magnifying etc.
Make it huge. Under curves of brush properties, select the straight line, the right one. The center of the cycles/brush is your pivot point for rotation.
Similarly using the pinch - magnify brush. In this case, M for the mask tool first, ctrl+I= invert mask, under properties of tool there are two modes, select smooth for smoothing masks. Alt+M alters the mask.

Thanks

Did most of it with bsurfaces ,pic has subsurface modifier on the right, wing creature is the concept sculptris …Im slow at this. Hope you guys like.

Very good.
My suggestion is to have more evenly subdivided cage. One or two additional loops only, where they needed.
To have not evenly distributed cage confuses multires modifier too So keep it in mind.
Stretched quads won’t help in multires sculpting. I don’t mean blender only, it will be an issue in zbrush or MB as well.