willettfx Sketchbook

Your work totally touched me, im speechless.

Those models are so real, are nightmares.

Thanks 501pp, Im still new to this .Learning hotheys …I always said if was to learn some cgi i would make a short film. Ive had a film ideal for 10 years …But i still have so much more to learn . RETOPOLOGY my creature …OMG … I have a headache.

It is looking good though - you will get it :smiley:

keyshot render demo sculptris sculpt

tonight’s render

awesome sketchbook so far! I really like the style you’ve got going, I hope you go on to texture these

regarding the retopo - I could be wrong since I rarely retopo anyway, but I think your retopo’d mesh looks waaay too dense. I would think something like 16 verts on a leg ring would be plenty - then you just go and add a subdivision modifier and a displacement/shrinkwrap modifier

Great stuff. I agree on the density of the retopo though, You should be able to get away with much less.

playing around today wip

Do you intend on maybe combining your clay animation and Cycles renders in composition? I think you could do some really awesome work modeling and camera tracking your elements together

The retopo mesh is too dense, I agree.
When you retopo, try to have in mind how it looks after first subdivision.
Your work is always inspiring.
After all, I was the one who persuaded you to post here. Right? LOL
We need good artists in BA forum, you’re a very good one.

Thanks michalis Craig Jones

Trying ,Its slow.

also watch this video http://cgcookie.com/blender/2013/01/10/creature-modeling-production-training-dvd/

I tried Sculptris out a little. DIdn’t like it. Now I’m going to go in and see if I can learn to make something like your stuff.

I had Sculptris on my pc for sometime , I played with it off and on . One day thinking about the I sculpt in clay ,I use glass eyes and make my own monster teeth or monster dentures and place them in the clay . So I made digital teeth first

here is digital spit

dude. what an epic sketchbook. even from the start the first image was striking. I really love the aggression they show in the faces.

I finished the “Mastering Modeling in blender” workshop a couple months ago it was all about modelling and retopology, and im a 3D animator too.

I would really like to retopo one of your models.