Think before you post

he sure showed you![/quote]

Well, he didn’t really appoint himself mod, it was the other mods/admins. Also, the mod handouts seeemed to be on a sort of ‘who wants to be a mod, come and get it’ basis rather than letting the Elysiun community vote for who they think has earned it. Or did I miss the poll?

I’m afraid some are going to take their duties over-zealously and we might reach a stage where theeth/ztonzy is going to have to mod the mods. Dittohead seems to be doing ok so far but he’s now decided to pin a useless age thread at the top of the board as if somehow we’re all going to be bothered to go through that for the 5th time is it? %|

Stickying an old thread of the same type might have been a wiser choice. Then again, I might be wrong as usual.[/quote]

At first when I saw it, I though about locking it right there; but since the author of the thread said he’s using it for school I decided not to lock it. I pinned it for seven days (the length of the poll) and then I’ll unpin and lock it (or just un pin it) and place the results in this thread so the new folks who want to know these things can look at it realize there’s no reason to post a new one. I’ll also post the results of the older polls there as well. This will in the end cut down on clutter, since pinning older thread(s) of the same type rather than pinning the new once, and then getting rid of it later then proceeding to post the results in an over “guidelines” thread is far more useful.

If you think any one of us new mods are doing a bad job let one of the admins know about it, with your reasons why and I’m sure they’ll take it up with us.

What better mod for a job then a Libertarion, however I do believe he’s a little more to the conservitive side %| I think voting for a mod is a awful idea, people will be banned just because everyone else will say ban them or lock them.

I don’t think politics should have anything to do with moderating. I guess to a very small degree one’s world view will influence a person’s moderating descision but I know quite a few people with all sorts of world views who moderate forums extremely well. :wink:

Rather, you missed the discussion thread between the admins in the admin forum. It was far from a “come and get it” as you seem to suggest.

Martin

Rather, you missed the discussion thread between the admins in the admin forum. It was far from a “come and get it” as you seem to suggest.

Martin[/quote]

You guys have a hidden admin forum?? I had no idea there was such a thing. A sort of Elysiun area 51. That’s fine that you all took time deciding the mods. Sorry I got the false impression from the thread in Blender General that it was a ‘who wants to be one’ and then picking from the volunteers. I knew you guys were smarter than that.

I’m sorry Dittohead, I didn’t mean it personally - I used something you had done as an example. I was really saying that I felt the forum was ok without extra mods. If there’s too many people at the top, sometimes things fall to pieces (UK national health service is an example). Also, I was saying that when new people are appointed to positions of authority, they sometimes perform their roles over-zealously so as not to appear redundant.

But as I said before Dittohead, I think you’re doing ok so far. And good job on the double post patrolling. Some of the other forums I visit actually don’t allow you to double post, which cuts down on the attention seekers ;).

I’ve been observing human nature in forums and in the “meat-based” world for a long time, and at this point I’m thinking it would be cool if we could regulate each other’s testosterone levels. Just imagine :smiley: [!]

about the new mods and being a mod from been just a user, think of what it feels being a admin all of a sudden after been a just a moderator…a level higher than just moderating…takes some time to reflect as well :slight_smile:

well…I have been very moderate with my new position :wink:

I think the Admins and Moderators here are great. I should know, I violated every forum rule in one post and Dittohead handled the whole situation great. I think Dittohead is a great moderator. Now, not only was I made aware of my wrong, I was given a real solution. I feel that I am a better member of the Elysiun comunity because of the moderators and administrators here. I don’t know how moderators are picked, I just think what ever they are doing, it works.

Just one thing - it seems people don’t know the difference between there and their.

there - is a place, like "over there"or a time, like “there was once a house”
their - something that belongs to someone, as in “their ideas”, or “their house”

Sorry to rant, it just comes up in loads and loads of posts! :smiley:

There, there, it’s okay. They don’t know their "there/their"s that well.

They’re really intelligent people, I swear! There, I said it.

:wink:

Don’t forget ‘where’, ‘were’, ‘wear’ and ‘ware’. They all have completely different meanings.

Spellcheck is useful (not usefull) if you can’t (not cant) spell! Especially when you can tell when someone (not sum1) has cut and paste their argument from another source (not sauce) - because the spelling changes when they get technical!

But really - good spelling gets you places in life!

Sorry if it is not my place for saying this, but Albert Einstein had bad handwriting and was a horrible speller! Hehe. So am eye.

Albert isn’t there today. Try to go to university with a bad spelling today. :expressionless: [!]

Albert isn’t there today. Try to go to university with a bad spelling today. :expressionless: [!][/quote]
Ya not going to work so well.

Eye is a gud speler!

I didn’t ‘think’ with this post though
https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2525&highlight=

:stuck_out_tongue:

A good thing to post. I’ve read some inconsiderate and ignorant posts before; the people just do it because they think the whole world agrees with them. I know that it’s possible to maintain friendships with people who have other views, it’s just all in the communication.

very well siad and as the saying goes and eye for an eye eventully makes the world blind

well back to the great moderator/admin thing, i remember way-back-when, i posted this completely nonsensical topic here in off-topic. the title and all the content was made-up words. It was (thankfully) deleted withing a few hours, but i never got any sort of notice or e-mail or even spoken to at all. Im glad i didnt get repremanded, and i knew that what i did was very wrong, but i still should have gotten some type of …er… responce warning me that what i did was wrong. not that big of a deal, just been on my mind and kinda bugs me.