Think before you post

I have to agree with osxrules for the most part. The kind of people who post pointless spam usually don’t give a shit about the rules of the forums. Elysiun is obviously not the place to dump pointless spam, and they know it (or they should). But the spammers don’t usually care, they just think it’s funny, and is a good way to up their post count.
Nothing against your thread dittohead, I’m just not sure it’s really worth it. Sure there’s a few people who will see this and decide not to post the spam they were about to post. But the majority of people posting worthless crap won’t care if this thread exists or not and post it anyway.

Well said anyway!

If one out of one hundred decide not to post spam, then it’s done it’s job. But I’m not even talking about pointless “spam”. I’m talking about people being genuinely rude to each other. No matter where it’s at, it’s simply not justified.

You know, some boards have a flame thread. Not to fight, but just healthy expressions like boxing in the ring.

-nevermind-

I’ll be so happy if there were a BS thread, man the laugh I can get off that. Start out with how to fight terrorisem

Well spoken. Would you mind if I copied and pasted this to som other forums I visit? I would give you credit :smiley:

I agree.

Unfortunately even in Elysium there are those that are either

a. Ranters
b. Dickheads.
c. completely “away with the faieries”.

However there are also :

1. Genuine helpers.
  2. Mature, even handed & tolerant individuals.
  3. People who ask reasonable (possible unusuall) questions that get hijacked.
  4. Socially enlightened, responsible, intelligent, (& then some), Talented individuals.

If you have bothered to read this then you probably fall into 1,2,3 or 4.

You do not need to look too far to find an a, b,c

If its troubling yourband width - delete them.
Use your powers as an administrator & boot 'em.

For every a,b,c there are 10x 1,2,3 & 4

Go for it!

he sure showed you!

And that is why we, (Dittohead, SamAdam. JD-Multi, basse, WeirdHat and myself), have been appointed to be moderators oif this forum.

Everything Dittohead has stated in the first post of this thread should be read by everyone who joins this, and evey other furm on the internet.

BgDM

1 Like

hehe you forgot someone. 8) [!]

Oh Crap!! :wink:

BgDM

Dear God, I hope kansas isn’t going to be one of them. Try to keep the ones who think of a body as evil from getting up there.

/me shows his cape :Z

Please read the first post in this thread. :wink:

Please read the first post in this thread. ;)[/quote]
Don’t think I didn’t try already… %|

Martin

Nice one, Dittohead. One can only hope that the new additional mod force (and their extra eyes) will be a catalyst for positive change around here.

yes.
I already see a diference.

he sure showed you![/quote]

Well, he didn’t really appoint himself mod, it was the other mods/admins. Also, the mod handouts seeemed to be on a sort of ‘who wants to be a mod, come and get it’ basis rather than letting the Elysiun community vote for who they think has earned it. Or did I miss the poll?

I’m afraid some are going to take their duties over-zealously and we might reach a stage where theeth/ztonzy is going to have to mod the mods. Dittohead seems to be doing ok so far but he’s now decided to pin a useless age thread at the top of the board as if somehow we’re all going to be bothered to go through that for the 5th time is it? %|

Stickying an old thread of the same type might have been a wiser choice. Then again, I might be wrong as usual.

I support Dittohead 100%, he’s been actively moderating the forum since he was appointed and has been doing a good job. The same can be said for the other new mods too. :smiley:

Also, Timothy made educated decisions on who the mods would be, he’s the one who has the final say. He just wasn’t going to go around and ask random members if they wanted to be mods.