Think before you post

Don’t do it again, ya here?

(you are officially reprimanded)

:stuck_out_tongue:

Guess I should follow this policy a little more closely…and I have a little question: What does it take to get yourself kicked off a messageboard like this?

This most amount of bans weve put on people are spammers and spam bots. Otherwise the only other really long-term members weve banned were Cubefan and Kansas, so youve gotta be a real arse to get banned. Believe me when I say theres really no one close to it right now. :slight_smile:

How do you define a forum spammer?

This most amount of bans weve put on people are spammers and spam bots. Otherwise the only other really long-term members weve banned were Cubefan and Kansas, so youve gotta be a real arse to get banned. Believe me when I say theres really no one close to it right now. :)[/quote]

Ha, I just read that, and was like “Woohoo! I’m not even close to getting banned!”. I say it’s an achievement. I’m genuinely proud.

hehe I think I have had a few threads moved and locked in my day. 8)

So have I, but I’ve never managed to get banned. Even though I was up there with valar and cubefan. Well…not as high up as good ol’ cube. AFAIK valarking got a ban once for a while. I never did! points and laughs :stuck_out_tongue:

Ditto that! Never make any junk at any place. And no more junk on the street, throw it in the trashcan.

We define spam in two catagories:

Unsolicited Marketing/Sales Pitches: Marketing posts designed to get you to to go to somebody’s (money making only) site, or buy their product. This includes everything from Free iPods and GMail stuff through to microsoft posting on these boards. If someone’s new and this is all they post, we ban them out right.

Cruft: Utter superfluous crap. If someone posts something that has no positive effect, doesn’t start a good conversation and just posts meaningless letters it’s locked, with warning. If this happens multiple times and we believe that persons signal to noise ratio is low enough you a get a ban.

And, if I might add, with great delight. :slight_smile:

Martin

so are we allowed to post something about Gmail? like who uses it and all? Sorry I am kinda confused even though this isnt a hard topic lol.

100 gmail nvites!!!oneleven isn’t allowed, but I suppose as along as people don’t offer gmail invites but rather want to talk about it, privacy issues or features and the like surrounding gmail it’d be fine.

This one person joined the forums back in August 2005, named virtlove, and to this day, has not posted. BUT! when i first made my account, I named it StrikerMuncher, but for some reason it got changed to StrikerMunc without me knowing. This might not seem like much, but I couldn’t log in. Not one bit. So I gave up on Elysiun, and started looking for a place where I could actually sign up %| . Then virtlove sent my account a pm simply saying “Where have you been?” and that sent an e-mail to me, telling me what my friggin’ username was. Hooray for weird unused accounts!!! :smiley:

Which makes me ask, Why am I being called Kansas_15, a troll, or spammer? Do I write hate? Does my work suck? Am I spamming? Do I try to Hijack? Do I tell people their work sucks? From what I’ve read he was simply an asshole and I don’t see what similarity’s I share with him, Yet I am being suspected of being him, what am I doing wrong?

I think it’s because you seem to flood the forums with often unnecessary posts. I don’t know all of your post, but reading your above posts, I was instantly wondering ‘Which work??’.

Look at your post rate.

I do not see how this negatively effects anyone though, and if you think I don’t use blender or anything and am just here for the conversation, that is not the case at all. I do have work in Focused Critic if that’s what you meant. I’m not trying to cause trouble, I assure everyone.

I don’t know Kansas, but I have heard stories. I don’t think you’re the same at all.

I could guess he was the unabomber.

JackJ:

Am I spamming?

already 54 post today…

Sago’s quote:

…but you sure act like one at this very moment, boosting your postcount and trying to reply on every forum

And JackJ’s reaction:

Yeah that’s what I do on Saturday mornings. Yee-Haw

That says it all, think about it…

I was being sarcastic one, and two I did that once out of a bet so I formally apologize for the one time that I replied to every forum to get my name on the homepage, so please don’t bring that up again, it wasn’t spam either, even Sago said so. And I was way too tired to be posting anywhere.