Taipans Sketchbook

Last Viewport vs cycles render…Barrel is painted in texturepaint.

I tried to make some small very small animation…Not sure I can call them animation…:slight_smile:

Fish is a fast paint in texturepaint…And set to follow path…That is a bezier circle…Very simple…Cycles render 40 samples if I remember right.

So many cool tools to make animation…Puff puff

Tai

I thought it was time to try sculpt…I have seen ton’s of sculpt video and follow the wonderful sculpt thread here in the forum…I’m blown away to see all the amazing work people are doing…Bow down…<<<<…Cheers and Puff Puuf all

So here are My first try…Model…I used - cube + ctrl 3 to make a rough shape of the face , join the mesh…And in sculpt I have tried to smooth it together…I made the mouth seperate…Made a shape of the mouth with a cube + ctrl 3…apply it…Then alt + right mouse
click to select and copy a front edge of the mesh…P - seperate selection…Then it get a skin modifier with a subdivision surface 2.
Then it was easy to make the lips…ctrl +a to size the vertex and ctrl + a + y/x = Height and width…set it back on the mesh/shape then it was easy to connect to the face…I was in the compositor where I made the star…The primer painting is painted in texturepaint.
Not sure I can finish it…But I will go through it and see if I can Smooth /shape Him a little better…And then paint Him…:slight_smile:

Tai

Made a setup and a few render … Background is a old photo of My.

Tai

Another setup and render…

Cheers and Happy Easter

Tai

Should only be a model of a windmill but suddenly I was caught I could hear the water … and here I am … caught again … Damn blender … Puff Puff

Try to learn texturepaint so I made some rough texture for the watermill.

Made a few rocks and the camera setup…AO in solid viewport is Cooooool.

Made more rocks…:)…A bridge and the box for the rought waterfluid I will make.

Tai

Made the fluid and tried Curve / add tree and the Ivy to mesh tools… All with close to default settings…:slight_smile:

Changed the ladder and made a jetty and a boat…or at least the box for the boat…)

Some overview shot of the scene…Modelled a mountain and painted it a little Will try to paint some boulders for the bridge.
And paint the background picture in texturepaint…Material view is pretty COOOOOL too.

A test render of what I have for now.

Tai

Background is painted with texturepaint as all the other texture…I made a block of boulders and used them as a stencil for the bridge.
Tweaked the house and set 2 meshlight for it…Will make the boat and a few other thing before I clean up…:slight_smile:

10 sample…Cycles I very good…For what I try to make here I think a few sample is enough to get the result…I just need to learn some more about shaders…Puff Puff

Tai

Here are some DOF render…DOF work really well it’s easy to get razor sharp DOF…Love it.

I append some old model to get some shot…Fun to play with.

And here it end…It’s in any way finished…It’s should just have been the watermill…But then suddenly Blender starts play with Me…)
I enjoyed the play all the way…Puff Puff

Tai

My first try to make a little very little animation…25 frames it’s just a walkcycle…I was a little afraid too start because I know close to non about animation…But it show up to be very easy at least to make this…I just follow a reference picture there show the 25 frame cycle- Contact - down - pass pos - up - contact.
So I set up the ant…Turn record on in the timeline and set a pose in 4 - 7 -10 - 13 - 16 - 19 - 22 and frame 25…Fast and easy click and place that’s it…Puff Puff

Cycles render 150 sample.
I made a little test…Cycles render vs viewport render matrial and solid.

Matrial render.

Solid render…AO and specular.

Tai

Another short animation…So much to learn…And I’m still in My model and interface learning state…Puff puff
I made a 25 frames walk cycle and tried to get Him move with a follow path…I couldent figure it out…So I tried to parent Him to a Empty…Click Him and then shift right click a Empty and press …Ctrl - p Set parent to object…Work good for what I want…Was easy to move the Empty around…And He follow the Empty nicely…Cool…Puff puff

Cycles Render 150 samples 40 frames FPS. 6 …:slight_smile:

Tai

Some old shots of stick figure…I really enjoyed to make them…They was easy to make and gave so much back I think…:slight_smile:

First set…Cheers

Tai

I used them in a Olympic stadion I made.

Tai

Last one here…:slight_smile:

Puff Puff

Tai

Mp - 38

72 parts

Viewport Solid

Viewport Material

Tai

Was fun to assemble…Lool think there was 40 parts back when it was done.

Viewport Solid

A render…Someday I will finish it…Puff Puff

Tai

Another animation test.

I have no experience in animation at all…So i’m surprised I can make thing like this so easily.
Setup is…Wall quick explode - a lattice in front of the wall = deform car and a empty to move the car.

Tai

Looking at some old models…Here from Blender 2.72

Bulp… Easy to model and Fun to play with.

Made a quick paint for the strawberry label…In texture paint.

A winner is a Dreamer who never gives up.
Nelson Mandela

Tai

And some render…Just test renders…Puff Puff

Damn Blender…:slight_smile:

Tai

Working on this scene…Caught again…Damn Blender…:slight_smile:

I just want to make a little test in texturepain but then…Hmmm…:slight_smile:

I got a idea for a scene I can set up with some old model and new modelling.

For now I have painted the ground - houses and the poster…I will make the last models…And play a little with Texturepaint.

Tai

a overView of the scene…Need to work on the background…Not sure what to do…Think I will try to use ColorRamp node to get some Color in…And nothing more…Hmmm Maybe paint some color in first.

A test Render…There are 7 meshlight + Sun + hdr…The road got a displace modifier - noise…Will turn it down if I finish this…:slight_smile:
Time for a little play with texturepaint…Puff Puff

Tai