Steampunk Tractor - Rebel Rouser (BlenderGuru competition entry)

Nice arches. (Your tractor is going to inside a building…?)

As for the power outage, I’ve been experiencing them all week. It does get frustrating. I hope you get the electricity back. :slight_smile:

Yep, going inside of a cathedral like structure, just to add to the “steam-punkish-ness” of the scene, we’ll see how it works out. Making good progress. We have a generator, so I’m back up and at 'em :wink:

Some progress:

Niiiiiice! :smiley: Working soooooo fast too! :smiley:

Yeah, I don’t like the look of it though, I have other plans in the works. Might release some pics this week. Thanks for your interest :slight_smile:

Last post for tonight. I’m taking the scene in a different direction that will tell the story a bit better IMO. Here is a quick viewport snapshot of what I have so far after ~1hr of work:

I think the shelter meets the rural theme better. I had some problems to bring the tractor and the cathedral together. Nice and fast modeling as others already said :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile: Those were kind of my thoughts, cathedrals are cool, but a tractor in one . . ? I should make some good progress today.

Man, you’re really good! Must’ve been fun modeling all this hard surface stuff.:wink:

Thanks! It sure is! I’m working on the environment now, and that is a blast! Hope I can finish it in time.

Wow! 1 hour?! That would take me a week! :open_mouth:

You still got a few weeks.:wink:

Yeah, I know. I got a lot to do before then! Here is a little more progress as an AO render:

My other machine had a harddisk issue, so I’m re-installing over there. Eating a bit of time . . .

I like the incredible detail you are putting into your scene, but texturing this must be a pain… ; ) I’m also curious how you’re going to tame your beast for the composition. Nice fast progress here.

Thanks! The main premise of my workflow is to have everything that can be procedural. The rocks for example, they are a simple elongated cube with loopcuts, and some modifiers. I can unwrap one and apply it to them all theoretically. It will still be interesting, and I’m going to make sure I leave enough time for it.

Hey NID :slight_smile: Really like the new direction you’re taking the background of you’re scene in now! fits with the vehicle better :smiley: I have a question for you, are you going procedural with you’re wood shaders? If so are you going to attempt to create the knots and waves you get on the surface? like in this image -

I am trying to go mostly procedural, but the wood is bothering me. It is going to be very worn, so maybe I can make it work. We’ll see how it turns out. I agree that the setting is much better now. Making more progress :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: i was making progress on a procedural wood shader with waves and knots, using vector math and geometry/texture co-ordinate inputs. But it was getting way to complicated, and controling it was difficult. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :slight_smile:

All the progress for tonight:

WOW! :eek:

This is looking great! Definitely going to be one of the top entries. Not sure if I can beat it! :stuck_out_tongue: