Photo-real interior attempt

I like the version with the image on the wall. I think it fits well. And I also like the fact that the wheels are still a bit sunken into the carpet. This carpet looks soft to me and therefore I think they should be sunken in a bit. And the closeup of the carpet in the last render looks fantastic.

Thanks Minoribus, that’s what I was hoping to hear. I changed the lamp out for another kind, which I think works better. I added slight displacement to the walls and made the carpet better, I think. Here’s a different angle for the dining room as seen through the entryway.

EDIT: Here’s a view of most of it at one time. I have quite a bit hidden, only showing what I’ve shown here so far.

The book shelf came out nice, the cleats holding up the shelves are a nice realistic touch that many wouldn’t take the time to do. Will that remain white also, or are you considering something else?

Hey Harley. I I guess I will just keep the bookshelf white, unless there are suggestions? I dread adding books, and am searching for something as a time saver for all of the different textures, scaling and uv mapping. I will change the lighting colors somewhat for the dining room image, it’s kind of weird. Everything is just too empty now and I’m considering doing an acoustic guitar and other personalized items, as I think it would add something beneficial. But that’s very time consuming too. I’d like the finished result to have a minimalistic look, but now it just looks empty. haha.

here’s what I did today. I am almost finished with the guitar. I need to add the rest of the strings. I really liked this view, but couldn’t get the dof the way I wanted it. When I have more time I can add a render of the hardware on the rear of the headstock, which came out well enough for semi close renders. I’m not pleased with the carpet color so I think some changes need to be made.

updated image. please click for larger view. fixed the neck texture and added all strings. updated rug color and it’s better.

Guitar looks great, might want to consider using brass colored strings possibly. I actually have an old Washburn guitar…doesn’t get much use anymore :slight_smile:

thanks Harley. I was thinking the same. I don’t know if I need to texture them or not. And I sure don’t want to go to the trouble of unwrapping them haha. If I could find a good procedural I might use it.

I never stuck with playing guitar that long, a couple of years. I still have my acoustic, too :slight_smile:

now I just need to add some more items/make the composition better and start rendering. I don’t really have that much interest in the dining area or the bookshelf, and I’d rather just get it done, but I just need to make a schedule and stick with it. I’m concerned with some noise issue on the reflection of the headstock, and can’t pin down how to fix it, but otherwise I’m very pleased with how cycles is doing.

That guitar is great.

This is getting better every time. Nice detail render with the guitar!

I wonder a bit about the persective of the rear room in #42. It looks a bit off in the second render there. Maybe it’s a focal length issue, but the perspective lines seem to be wrong and the chair appears to be very big compared to the couch.

thanks Minoribus, it’s good to see you back. I’m always looking out for the update to the Harbor( though I’m sure you’re busy with work). The strange effect is caused by the focal length, I think. The room itself is smallish (the dining area) only ten or eleven feet deep. The sofa is not very tall, so that complicates it a bit. the problem, partially, is I am using real world sizes, but I mixed the products I wanted for their visual appeal to me, and did not factor the sizes as much. I don’t really like the dining room portion either. Fortunately I have only given myself a little less than two weeks to finish. I’m wondering if I should increase the final render sizes or not. thanks again for the comment.

If someone can point me in the direction of a higher resolution washburn texture, I think this guitar would benefit. Ha, it’s terrible as it is for such a close render. Here’s the colored strings, what do you think? I wasted a little time today tweaking materials and focusing on more pleasing views. I didn’t spend enough time on the guitar to get this close of a view, but I couldn’t help it, it’s fun. And by the way, the rug is eating away my ram slowly haha.

If someone can point me in the direction of a higher resolution washburn texture

Are you refering to just the logo? Not sure how you go about searching for images, but google has a size filter where you can say “only images over this size”

The new strings look nice and I like the composition, in fact it is the first time I’ve actually seen any kind of top view of the carpet up until this point.

thanks Harley. I just finished that, and didn’t find anything of an appropriate size. Yes, just the logo. I meant to incorporate an earlier shot from above but it just never happened. I like this shot, especially the lighting. I really don’t want to go to the trouble of texturing the strings and think I can get away with it as is, hopefully.

I’d appreciate all feedback on this, if anyone else has additional thoughts.

I like the last image. For the strings, you might be able to use a wave texture on an angle as a bump map. It would probably help, but I don’t think it’s necessary except for closeups.

I think you’re right Tardis, I could do that. But I guess I will just texture them. I’ve already started, actually. I think I found an easy way to do it. thanks for the input.

Ok, here’s the strings with texture. I’m leaving it as is. Am I pleased with everything? no. Do I want to go to something else, yes. It’s a very tight shot to see string detail so i really suggest seeing the full version. the f stop is all the way up on the camera, in case anyone is concerned about the amount of dof, 128. I had to raise the threshold and lower the glare for this one.

The texture on the strings looks good Frobenious… and yes, you have some serious DOF going on

Do I want to go to something else, yes

Totally can appreciate that … do it

These are some nice close up shots of the guitar and the carpet again. Depending on how close you will got in the final render that will work very fine. I’m curious what else you are planning, when you mention that you want to go to something else.

Thanks for looking out for updates for the harbor, Frobenius. But I just can beg for some more patience :slight_smile:

thanks Harley and Minoribus. I only included such strong dof in the last one because it looked so plain and ugly without it.

I’m planning on finishing a kind of drawing chalk board thing and a couple smaller items. The room is just so empty. It’s a shame, I’m considering only doing the living area now and not the dining room, but I’ve already made a chandalier. The good thing is I can re-use all of these in the future, I guess. I’m thinking of adding an old rotary phone and maybe a purse or heels. As it is, there’s not much personality in the room. I need to do the curtains too.

Minoribus, I can wait for updates, don’t mind me…but the captain, he gets angry :). lol-take it easy guys.

I am not a guitar expert, but aren’t the string wrong … check attachement