Photo-real interior attempt

thanks for the comment, mysteryBlends. I’m certainly no guitar expert either, I don’t even have mine with me, it’s in storage unfortunately. If you are pointing out the strings are too high in the area above the neck and headstock, then I updated that. If you’re talking about something else, please be more specific. Thanks again.

I’m still impressed by that carpet. And I’d appreciate some small explanations on how you made this nice piece.

Hi Minoribus, sorry for the late reply. I took a short break from this one and will be back on it soon I think. Are you talking about the carpet settings? If so, I’d be happy to share them with you.

No Problem at all and yes, I was asking about the carpet. I’m especially interested in how you did the fibers. They seem to have a structure in them and the way they are distributed and lean against each other look so realistic.

I like it very much, but I feel that the painting is a little bit off, but I cant say why…

I prefer the render that doesnt have painting, but it is just my opinion…

Great job!!

thanks senorpotato, I just don’t know what to do with this one anymore. too many choices haha.

Minoribus, here you go. Here is the settings+AO pass to see more detail. Not complicated, the only think important I think are the children settings. Thanks :slight_smile: I think maybe what I did in the compositor is causing the carpet to look better. In the AO pass you can see the fibers looks out of place because of the sharp point, but for some reason these aren’t obvious in the colored renders.

Thank you very much for showing the setup, Frobenius. I can’t believ you are doing that with simple hair settings. I mean look a that! I thought that it would need a strand object to create this result.

I hope it is helpful to you. I have a slightly updated render. I changed the lamp, removed the carpet, and added a throw. I think it would make it too “busy” to add the purse or shoes as planned. anyway. I’m really wanting to finish this one, but I have not put any time into it recently. Need to push for the finish. Also, I tweaked the wall material a bit, as everyone thought it was supposed to be wallpaper. It was originally made to be striped paint, which is not too common, and it a tedious thing to do. I removed the washburn logo, just because.

The throw adds a nice touch. The guitar has lost some of it’s beauty compared to your other renders, in this straight on front view at least on my screen. I wonder if it would benefit from some additional lighting touches somehow.

thanks man. You’re 100% right. I just rendered another with some light reflection after your suggestion. I’m tempted just to end this one and post a few renders in finished. I’ve already overshot my timeline. Will think further on that. Besides if I added anything it would make it look crowded anyway.

I think the floor isn´t a good place for a well treated guitar, You can put it on the sofa, on an “hercules” or on a base for guitars, I like it, You are doing a good job, just the blue book look like more saturated than everithing else, a small detail and maybe it is jus Me.

It has a nice composition. Perhaps you could lean the guitar against the left armrest to give it a more stable stand? I’d like to see the version with some more light and reflections on the guitar, which you mentioned, Frobenius. I think you’re close to call it a day on this one :slight_smile:

hello again. thank you for comments. Juan, I really considered making a base for the guitar, but chose not to. Maybe I will reconsider since apparently it looks not so good this way. Anyway, a really high sample render with some reflection on it I did a few days ago. I don’t know if I should change the blue book or not, I don’t think it adds no detracts from the image. thanks

Minoribus, I will play around with the positioning some more when I can find the time. I’m not really pleased with it but just on a matter of clearing projects I want to finish it. hah. By the way here is the version (high samples) with guitar reflections.take care.

One thing is for sure, I will have to plan exactly the way I want it to look for the next project. I could have finished this in September if I just had this in mind when I started, to do only the living room. But instead I made about 10 different models that I have not even used. lol. That is my biggest problem now, is not having a final image in mind.

The reflections you added definitely helps bring some life back into the guitar. I’m not sure how you went about adding them. I can appreciate what you are saying about having a final image in mind, but I would say never that “final image” running around in your mind stop you from experimenting with different ideas that may creep up.

I certainly won’t disagree with you there, but when I have the time, I can tweak things for hours. I’m sure some are the same. But I don’t wait until all is done. I’m tweaking settings/materials/lighting/texturing/compositing/placement from the early stages. And after so much tweaking on small things it’s irritating to me to try to figure where I want to go next with it. And by the time I get to a place like this, now in november, after starting this in late sept, it’s like…that time span for this!?! But of course I am juggling different things over that time period. So to conclude, I experiment too much.

Hm, unfortunately I must say that the biggest drawback of the last image is the guitar, which looked sooo nice in the closeup renders :frowning: I don’t know what it is, but the surface of the corpus looks just flat. Should it look more polished and with sharper reflections? Should it show some wood grain? It’s a bit like a black hole in your image now, if you know what I mean.

Everything else in this last render is outstanding. But it’s a pity that you’ve removed the carpet :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m horrible with sticking to projects, so here’s a render after a year lol. I’ve not done very much in blender for a year, but now I’ve returned and today got back into texturing with the cookie box seen here, which in no way goes with the color scheme :mad:

I’ve made the couch white, the walls white and off white and changed the pattern for the pillows to a blueish pattern, which i like. Hopefully everything in my life is settled and I can return to blending like I used to. I miss it. Also, I did a name change, previously frobenius.

Hey, Mir, it’s so nice to see you working in Blender again! The new render is beautiful and I like the colors a lot. The few things that I would do some changes to are the shader of the sofa (it feels a bit translucent, especially the right arm rest - from a viewers perspective) and the strong saturation of the book covers on the sofa (they are catching too much attention).

But, man, once again you did a stunning lighting on this!

Looking pretty good. I would change the color of the books in the background. I’m finding that they’re detracting from the coffee table.

thank you Minoribus! it’s good to be back at it, even though I have much less time to do it now. Your critique is spot on and appreciated. Thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks Tardis, I think I will do just that. I appreciate all input