Petrosfera - Bedtime Monster (Short animation)

Completely self-taught, with tips from friends here and there :wink:

Really glad I could inspire you to do it :smiley:

Yes itā€™s most likely that thereā€™ll be a making-of, but I can tell you now that the longest part was modelling (even tought rigging seemed to be longer =P) and animating was really fast, 3 days I thinkā€¦ and the whole thing lasted 1,5 months with other small projects in between.

Cheers

1 and a half months isnā€™t bad time at all for something of this quality! Thank you for your response, I appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Definitely interested in a ā€œMaking ofā€. I have never been able to capture that ā€œlook and feelā€ as well as you have, and I am very interested in the matcap/pre-rendered textures, and how you made it all work. I love how perfectly ā€œhand-drawnā€ the monster isā€¦and contrary to other opinions, I found the little girl quite endearing. Thanks for this.

this is excellent, I like the way the music was a great part to the animation

That was amazing. Simple but well done. Especially love the soundtrack.

Thanks. When I made the music there was no intention of making a video, but when I heard it finished i had this idea and the rest is history :smiley:

Very beautiful in so many ways: color, composition timingā€¦ Can we hope for some more scenes? There is so much energy in this, it would be a shame not to.

If you mean more scenes with these characters, then probably no. This little story is done. But itā€™s most likely that other videos like this will come regarding different themes and subjects. Thanks :slight_smile:

really cool !! awesom animation i like the lighting effect on the objects!!
whats kind of lighting you used?

I love it!! I love the style, love the music, love the monster, love the animation, and I love the story!! The only thing is the eyes, I think that the red is maybe too strong, but it fits the color scheme, so it looked good anyways. :slight_smile:

I love the animation and the music! Very nice job, petrosfera!

The music is just so perfect for the animation. Excellent stuff

Excellent work

Thanks, everyone. And since youā€™ve been asking, I made a Making Of and added it to the original post. Take a look :smiley:

(BTW, should I create a new thread for the Making Of, or is it fine like this? Cheers ^^)

Actually this is a demonstration of talent. Thanks for showing that it is possible to do an excellent job in blender.

As every other software, blender is just a tool. A VERY good one, but a tool. Itā€™s all about what we want to make with the tools we have :wink:

Very nice trailerā€¦

ā€¦ want the movie now :smiley: 10/10

This is very cool, I like the music as well. Great job!

Fantastic work. This is the sort of stuff (along with so many other great works, keep me wanting to just practise and practise!