Petrosfera - Bedtime Monster (Short animation)

I especially like how the music drastically changes in ambiance but keeps the melody.

Nice animation and expressions. I very much appreciate your sharing thereof and the work that went into it.

I hope you do not mind my serious comment below, intended to help you.

I think the problem is the combination of the visuals and score. The music or score does not describe so much or that deeply or not sufficiently the events occurring in the animation and immersive musical description is exactly what is necessary here. Music, an art sometimes underappreciated by many, has the ability to very clearly describe visuals, events or emotions, even without seeing any visuals. This seems to be what is lacking in the score.

Reconsideration of the score is in order. It is very much in order to reconsider certain parameters, such as melody, harmony and rhythm. Also it is a good idea to reconsider the music style and instrumentation, and to play more with dynamics.

Love the animation, but the way you incorporate the music box into the music is even better!

On the contrary to Bren, I think the music fits the video quite well. Of course, this is coming from someone that knows next to nothing about composition. I did think the jingle didn’t sound much like something you could sleep to, but that a very minor gripe.

Of course like everyone else, the animation is spectacular, the art direction is cohesive, the whole video is short and funny, overall it’s very well done!

I’m sure you’re not really done with this yet, mmmm? That this just a forty-five second “teaser” for what will soon be a several-minute animated short featuring your excellent graphics and music? Mmmmm…? (Pretty please?")

Nice~~I love it.

loved it. I like monsters in general, but this was a little different in that the monster wanted to be friends. A little creepy still.

I’ve just got one problem, where’s the fifth tentical come from? the one on the bottom of the picture.

Really fantastic work !

haha, cute. Very good concept and execution.