Petrosfera - Bedtime Monster (Short animation)

Absolutely stunning visually! Great job

Thanks guys, all your comments really mean a lot :smiley:

The animation was amazing and I really enjoyed the music, do you have a longer version of it?

love the mood and very nice animation!!!

Amazing work man!
The modelling is not detailed but there is everything that is needed, the animations are lovely and the music well made too.
It’s incredible that this is a one man project! Keep up the good work!

Seriously good work! Can you, like, “please expand on this?” :yes:

In “about 40 seconds flat,” you told a complete story … and you did it, accompanied by a very enjoyable and well-produced sound track.

Yes I do, though it’s not THAT much longer (1:48)
You can listen to it here: https://soundcloud.com/petrosfera/bedtime-monster

Thanks ^^

Loved it mate. Very enjoyable, in part because it was so snappy :slight_smile:

It’s brilliant all by itself, so this is only a suggestion not a criticism… have you considered adding a little ambient occlusion to the render? It would help anchor the fingers to the pillow when the child is squeezing it, for example.

Am looking forward to more from you, mate, you have talent (musically & visually) :slight_smile:

That looks sick! Love it!

Pure cutness, very cool one ! :smiley:

Fabulous job.

Ohh, thanks for the kind words ^^
Regarding the AO, all of the textures are baked with AO and lighting included, so in the final scene everything was shadeless with no lights and no AO, otherwise it would take forever to render on my machine. -_- Anyway… I’m planning on doing a Making Of soon where you’ll be able to see all of that.

Cheers ^^

Hey!! I checked out your youtube channel… Your music is TIGHT!! Best electronic music I have heard in a long, long time. You have a LOT of talent! (your short also is pretty spectacular but the music is rockin’!)

Very cute! The music really add a lot to the atmosphere. On the sound side, self taught or you did some schools/similar ?

I know how hard it is to make a short like this so KUDOS! Very well done man! I want to see more from you. :smiley:

Very well done. I like the lighting it helped the mood. The characters were simple yet elegant. The story was well told, to the very end. The music was nice though maybe to nice in the beginning where it took away from the mood a bit. Over all I think it was awesome. Keep up the good work.

after 17 sec, music starting music… Hmmm, very much not compare with video :wink: (even if good quality)
P.s. Animation Really good …Little, but really good. :wink:

I loved it! Great idea and even better execution. I’m just getting into blender and pretty much all 3D modeling for that matter, and my end goal is making animated shorts like this. I really appreciate you showing that it can be done - and well :slight_smile:

Out of curiosity, how long did the various parts of this take you to put together? Did you spend most of your time modeling, or animating? I’d love any glimpses into the process that you can give!

Thanks, and once again great work!

EDIT: Just noticed that you mentioned a making of video - very excited for that :slight_smile:

Very cute, really like the monster design too. Excellent work and thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

Wow, thanks ^^ I try to balance both talents the best I can.