Old Berlin Courtyard

can say just ‘excelent work’

psytr0ll: Good to have a real Berliner check out this image! The textures were actually harder to do than most of the modelling. Maybe because it was the first time I was trying to create a good facade texture from so many photos I took. The car (I downloaded the photo from CGTextures.com) was hard too but mainly because the photo hadn’t be taken with texturing in mind. So it had a lot of stretching and perspective distorsion.
Setting the lights was much easier. I’ll post the lighting setup when I get down to doing this tutorial.

yaeh !!! I´m excited ´bout the lightning. The car looks a lil bit like a “wartburg”.

This is great! It’s great to see a scene where the author chose to really “visit” the place and refine the details accordingly. Thank you. THIS is gallery material.

wireframe tutorial:

WOW! I’m in disbelief. One of the best 3d scenes I’ve seen in my life on any platform. I imagine that now more people will be making “dirty” scenes.

Can you post one of your reference photos? Or is this specific scene non-existant? Maybe you can find something similar.

Gah! thats feaking insane bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: definetly one, or the best, blend i’ve ever seen

Great work!!!

this is a great render, love the rust textures on the car.

Is it me or are quality blender renders we are getting here getting better?

Thanks guys for the great feedback.

Following a request by some colleagues on the Indigo site, I’ve started work on a series of tuts about the methods used to create this image. I’ve just finished the first one, essentially a Photoshop tutorial about how to create a workable facade texture from photographs of a building. You can find it here:

http://www.bertrand-benoit.com/Downloads.html

For those who don’t own Photoshop, I’ve provided the final maps (diffuse and bump) in the zip file. I’ll be using these maps in part 2 of the tutorial on how to model a building from a reference photograph. I hope some of you will find it useful.

nice dude no critisisms

After posting my first tut I thought I’d take a break and have fun with this scene.

Attachments

five stars from me to.

Hehe very cool.

PS. Thanks for the tut! Downloading it now :slight_smile:

Dang, that’s amazing. Wow. Best urban scene I’ve seen yet.

Hahaha sick a UFO stealing the rundown car? hahaha

Wonderful scene, really great work texturing it. The night renders could use a darker sky imo. The last one is really fun though I find the third one, the closeup of the car, the most impressive one. Well done pal!

Ehhrr…dude?
Is this man made?

Cheers guys. Glad you like it. I’ve updated the last image with a cleaner version and a detail at 100 per cent resolution.

lol that’s… (can’t think of the right words, something really good :D)

Thanks guys. You’re all darlings.

If anyone’s interested, I’ve uploaded part 2 of my facade tutorial (modeling and UV-mapping in Blender).

EDIT: Here’s a final render of the completed tutorial facade.

Attachments