Old Berlin Courtyard

everything is perfect, BUT those tiles are streched glose to windows, those tiles which are in other axis. I can’t but it to right form because my english but I think I made my point :slight_smile:

Eaglebreath -> You’re definitely right about that. Somebody else pointed it to me and it’s definitely a bad oversight on my part. I’m going to correct this and post an update.

LiveWire -> I’ll post some wire shots tonight. Be warned, though, the car mesh is nothing special. I did it quick and dirty because I didn’t think I would do a close-up shot at the time.

BbB,
You have really opened my eyes today…WOW!!! Makes me just wonder and say…I have miles to go before I …
render like you.
gr8 work …post a tut to help us noobs. just perfect …man
chela69

Really nice render BbB!

I know that indigo more or less does its own thing when it comes to lighting but i think the overcast picture is just realy dull, lighting wise; as i’m sure its supposed to be, but hey, its just my taste.

Some of the twigs look low poly on the Hi-Res picture, and the grass looks over lit under the car, but i’m guessing its probably correct anyway as its all physical lighting.

5*****'s

Hi Chela. Very kind of you. That’s what I think everytime I see a good render. That pisses me off and make me want to make my next image better :wink:

Hi Animal. Yep, the overcast image is supposed to be dull. As for the low-poly tree, you’re right. It’s an issue because I didn’t originally intend to do a close-up. The grass is not very good, I agree. Will try to fix that.

Here’s a night render that’s just finished cooking.

Attachments

Would you mind if I steal your talent? This is fantastic! The original render was friggin awesome, but the night scene, is imo even better.

Great, needless to say. One thing I noticed though: in the closeup of the car the lighting appears to be different – more sunset-like. Comparing this pic to the two above, that lighting is a lot more interesting. Would you consider making another version of the whole thing with that lighting? I think it would be an improvement (if that’s possible ;))

Very nice, the textures you made are pretty sweet, because if the car is really low poly like you say, the textures really make it look real :cool:. I like the night version of it, however the light all the way to the right doesn’t seem to cast much light on the surroundings, and the blue window up top looks like the odd man out compared to other windows :confused:;).

Great job!
5 *'s

Very good renders, congratulations. Can we see some wireframes please?

looks like the ground is wet on that night render…the sky bothers me though, it semms to light and smooth

WOW! that’s amazing…I never cease to be amazed at the power of blender, a good artist, and indigo.

Borgleader, Tcrazy: Cheers man, glad you like it.

Otto: The blue window is cause someone’s watching TV :wink:

blenditall: I quite like that light too. And you’re right, it’s a different setup from the other pics. But it’s also less realistic for a Berlin courtyard, especially given the season suggested by the vegetation. I might still cook the main scene with this light, though.

+‘´¯)BonE(¯`’+: You’re probably right about the sky. Again, it’s more of a summer sky. But I liked the nice blue falloff. As for the tarmac, yes, it’s wet in some places, especially around the water puddles. I did that using a weight map but it only really shows in the night and the sunlight versions.

Alvaro: Wireframes? Sure, here you go:

Attachments

I like the night one. The daytime one also looks amazing, but the reality is lost because it lacks optical focus (i.e. everything is in focus).

Good work though!

OUTSTANDING! a tru masterpiece. im a huge fan of photo realistic renders/digital art. i would really appreciate a tutorial, a complete walkthru from picture taking to final render. i hop its not too much to ask. really, spot on work.

5*

best scene I have ever seen!!! That is no joke. This is frickin amazing!!! Were you really using blender though? I never thought that blender actually had enough power to produce stuff like this. OMG!

Ok, once again, I look forward to seeing it with that light :smiley:

And nice professional-looking wireframes. What was your method for getting that look? It seems remarkably similar to wireframes I have seen created in other apps. I’ve never really tried this myself (I just screen grab usually)… but how was it done? Did you combine a texture-less render with the wireframe? Or was there another way…

Xorro: Cheers mate. Everything should be in focus with this distance, angle and aperture. The close-up also shows an accurate DOF blur with a longer lens. I can’t take any credit for the accuracy, though. It’s all Indigo, since it’s programmed to work like a real-world camera.

zbirdboy: Thanks. I’ll be doing a short tut about the modeling of the facades (which I guess is really the only thing that deserves any explanation). Will let you know.

watchthis: That’s a very nice comment. Cheers. I would never dream of using any other modeller than Blender. OK, I do spend some time with MoI3D and ZBrush, but that’s more due to my skills level. I don’t think there’s anything a skilled modeller couldn’t do in Blender, as the images in the gallery demonstrate.

blenditall: They’re from Blender internal. I gave all objects the same material, rendered a diffuse pass with an arealight, a wireframe pass (see render pipeline settings in the material field), and composited them with the finished Indigo render in PShop.

Eradicator, camotech: let’s quit! haha!

BbB: Wow, uber modeling and texturing here. The car doesn’t really seem that low poly as you’ve said. Or am I just lulled by the fantastic textures? Great work indeed! :smiley:

Thanks Reynante. The mesh is so lo-poly I’m ashamed. But I did apply subsurf once on it, so you’re not wrong there.

OMFG!!!
Render is great! I live in Berlin since i was born (of course not THAT early) and I can say that it looks really authenticly. Maybe the water is reflecting a bit to much but nevertheless fantastic work! U also didn´t use too much vertices, kinda “low poly” what is to be seen in ur latest attachments. Ofcourse the textures are great but keeping in mind that there are allready great textures freely downloadable i think this part wasn´t as hard work as the lights. If there´s anything i´m interrested in by any work i see it is the illumination - so - pls share ur work and show the light settings , it would be great to see it !!!