Old Berlin Courtyard

Thanks for the tut, texturing is def. my downfall (one of the reason’s I haven’t posted anything here yet) and this looks amazing. I’m sure I will learn a lot from the UV-mapping section. Thanks again!

No problem. Some people have already suggested shortcuts and improvements so I’ll definitely come up with a few corrections as feedback comes in the next few weeks or so.

that looks incredible

Dude could you maybe release the .blend even if its without textures…cause I want to look at some of them closely.

Sure. I can’t upload it here, though. The forum doesn’t seem to accept .blend or .zip attachments and I’ve got nowhere to host it. If you msg me an e-mail address I’ll email it to you.
B

Awesome. I think I should dial 911 so that I can get my jaw reattached to the rest of my skull. It dropped and I can’t seem to pick it up again. My I dare you to send this off to 3D World Mag I pay so much for the damn mag I might as well have something this awesome to look at. After ‘Magic Bullet’ made it into issue 99 this would make an awesome addition. plus it could provide that motivition that I need to starve myself, live in a dogey neighbourhood, and cut down on the beer and forget that overrated sleep thing so that I can buy the books and training dvd’s to start making art like this.

k i pmed you
thx,
tim

So pretty!!!

hey!

i also live in berlin and have seen many a yard like that! but i always tell myself “nah! it can’t be done in blender anyway!”. so you proved me very wrong. i should probably quit my daytime job to get muuuuch better.
I’m actually horribly envious of you. :slight_smile:

r u kidding me? i will never be able to do this in blender…

That’s really cool! All I can see is talent!!

very realistic render
one can say
gut gemacht :slight_smile:

Man, that’s awesome! It always amazes me how the great images are always posted by people who are so modest…

This scene is relatively low-poly, as you can tell from the close-up of the car.

LIES. :smiley:

O_O that looks epic, great job

This is just amazing work, very very nice!

The texturing of the front window of the car especially stands out to me. Very nice work.

The blender books are fairly cheap in comparison to to other training manuals, and the entire text of the essential blender can be found online.

and THIS is what i show to ppl who are like “blender sux, use max or maya” thank you for inspiring me!! :smiley:

Superb work - and thanks for the facade tutorial.
I’m looking forward to working through it.

wow, that is just jawdropping!
the rust on the car is just stunning!

Wait, you’re telling me those are CG, not photos?
Lies.
Then again, a photo can’t show that much detail properly. It’s gotta be some damn amazing CG.