Mad Dog

That is awesome work. Can I ask how did you create the textures? Is the bike UV unwrapped? looks amazing. Do you have any tips for UV unwrapping complex shapes such as the bike engines? perhaps if you could show how you UV unwrapped some of those shapes that would be awesome. How long did you spend on UV unwrapping? Did you use Blenders own materials whether in cycles or blender render or were they textures you created?

Wow, great work thanks.

nice one dude love the detail you put into th models, mind you the bike looks a tad big but that’s a small thing… :eyebrowlift:

This scene reflects facets of human life and culture in all its glorious imperfections. The girl is not scantly clad at all, merely a modern city style, and one that speaks about her being of a rebellious and independent nature. Clothing is such an incredibly culturally wrought thought pattern - A male is not supposed to wear a dress in Western society. Women in certain countries are stoned to death because they bared their faces to men. How far do we go? Should this girl be set in a Victorian dress to be acceptable to everyone and to you?

She does not look or behave sexual in any manner. Her legs are covered, her female curves completely understated - any sports and fashion magazine’s female cover models look positively erotic compared to this depiction of a female. She looks very confident (at a glance, perhaps), rides a motorcycle (again treading on male patriarchal society, defying traditional ideas about how only “bad boys” should be riding a motorcycle) and her very demeanor is feminist in a good way. Obviously a girl trying to find her identity in life.

Implied in the image’s meaning is a girl taking a sec to decide where to ride next - trying to fulfill her unbridled potential, outside expected traditional values.

?? Tattoos have been part of human culture for a very, very long time - much longer, in fact, than, for example, monotheistic religions. I would not wear tattoos myself, but I respect the cultural backgrounds, and the individual’s choice - tattoos can be quite beautiful. In this scene it complements the depicted character’s identity perfectly well.

I hate smoking myself - though again, smoking is part of our human culture all over the world, and it fits this character quite well. Smoking may imply a personal weakness in characters - a troubled past, stress-related situations, etc. In this image the girl seems to light up a cigarette for these reasons, and at the same time to relax, taking her time about it. Her choice - no-one else’s.

What I am saying is that I see both troubling and empowering elements in this image - rather than focusing on the negatives based on a rigid set of specific culturally and religiously driven Western/North-American type of thinking patterns.

All in all, art can be a very enlightening thing in itself, forcing us to rethink our own prejudices, and look beyond the immediate cover of the book. I feel this image has a very different story to tell than the one you take for face value.

Finally, your “modern” thought patterns would be heretical only 500 years ago, and probably put you on the stake to be burned if spoken aloud in public in Europe. It is all so relative, you know. We are but a severely time-limited illusionary personality derived by the culture and humans that surround us. In a matter of decades cultural values may change from black to white, to pink and grey, and back to black again.

Wow, look at that: this image and your comment evoked some pretty deep thoughts in me. I’d say that counts for helping me grow as an individual. Thank you both!

Much respect. I know that modeling that alone must have taken ages. Kick ass proportions, also intrested in how you went about texturing.

Wow, what a gorgeous work, impressive.

This one reminds me of those 1960s European avant-garde movies with its cool anti-establishment vibe. You know, the ones that so inspired Tarantino’s early films.

In addition to the girl’s superbly rebellious body language, the subtle, almost monochrome palette and dramatic night lighting enhance the cinematic feeling of heightened reality. For me, this is great illustrative art. A well balanced fusion of concept and technique.

For those out there who like to see story details, consider this. Not all scenes have to be narrative. Sometimes the story is in the mood or the attitude and this one has plenty of both.

The girl is sexy because of her character and demeanor, not in an overt cheesecake or pin-up kind of way. This is such a hard thing to pull off successfully but here it works perfectly.

Well done sir. I salute you.

This is absolutely beautiful, amazing attention to detail :slight_smile: What method did you use for the depth of field? defocus node, camera depth of field…?

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

As for me … I look at all things this way: God has given to each man an incredible ability. All people are truly amazing. Each is given special doses of innate talent, skills, intelligence, and He gives us opportunities to use the same.

Each man will use those things either to serve God (which means to serve other people in truth, righteousness, holiness, desiring to be uplifting, educating, helpful toward all those around him, and in all circumstances), or he will choose to follow his own personal beliefs about what is right or wrong, what should be done or not done, what is acceptable or not acceptable, a constantly evolving viewpoint over time as you indicate that even those holding highly conservative views (biblically I mean) in modern societies would in many cases be considered complete heretics not so long ago.

For me, I desire to give you a better life, Herbert, and I desire to encourage other people toward a better life. My desire is to use the skills and talents God’s given me for this purpose, and to look to Him for guidance on how to be.

I spend a lot of time in prayer about this, and I make, and have made, plenty of mistakes. Still, it remains my inner man’s desire and I try very very hard to pursue that end because only there do I have real inner peace with myself, and real inner peace with God.

This from the wisdom of a 44 year old sinner saved by grace, and sanctified by God’s Holy Spirit, an ongoing process over time toward His Kingdom. I pray this makes sense. It is my best going out from within myself, and I can offer to answer questions, but that’s it. The voice inside each of us must guide us, and until it draws us toward these ends … they will forever be foreign to us. That is my experience from both before and after becoming a believer (that it was no act I did, nothing I achieved, but rather something happened to me on the inside and I was forever changed).

Take care, Herbert. Thought provoking indeed. :slight_smile:

wow… very nice… if you add some logos in your bike it will be awesome :wink:

Beautifully done, great composition, modeling and rendering!

very good job… really inspiring and well done.

and thank you for your bike 3d model… really generous

great work, not very imaginative but very good technicaly and very detailed, the kind of stuff people seem to like most around here :wink: Oh and you are very kind to share the bike!.

@RickCHodgin, your religious rambling seems to me off topic, to say the least.

I really like this. All of it is great.

I see what you did there :-p

Great work! Keep up the genius.

@RickCHodgin
If you are going to impose your religious views on the community, BlenderArtists is really not the place for you.
The internet is a vast place and I suggest you find your way to another corner of it.

One thing to ponder about this very-busy image has to do with composition and with the quality of light.

I know that the eye is naturally attracted to the brightest and secondarily to the most contrasty area of the frame, and that the eye naturally wants to trace a semicircular path through the image and to wind up, repeatedly at whatever is the intended subject. Looking at the original image, I see that these bright areas include:

• The back, not the front, of the subject’s tunic – and, not her face.
  • The “NYPD” sign.
  • An arc-shaped white space.
  • A bright screen to the right of her face.

The general lighting design has a “bulls-eye” feel which keeps me from spending time looking at the skyline or the street … good … but the lighting around her thigh is such that her thigh blends into the surrounding shadow. There’s a point where the seat and the leg comes together which loses detail completely.

The shot is essentially black-and-white and very high-key, all of which are clearly by design. The only warm colors are, in a subtle move, her face and skin, and the blue of her shorts. Still, in several places, the lighting is pulling my eye away from the girl.

A very slight injection of warm tones might be interesting – perhaps a cool red spot at street level about four o’clock from the camera looking up. A little yellow spot on the face as though that lighter were just a little more yellow bright. A different picture on that TV screen. My eye circles around the scene but somehow never comes to rest on her face.

Amazing!!!

Fantastic work. I hope you put somewhere some time-lapse making of videos for bike modelling.
5*.

Thank you!!! :slight_smile: I did not expect you will like this picture that much.
@buriaofplague I did very quick unwraping. Normally I add just few seams and press U > Unwrap. That was enough for almost all parts of the bike. I did not care that the engine UV was not too nice since I was using just noise textures for steel parts.

As you can see it’s not a top quality UV unwraping :slight_smile:

@Herbert123 Thank you for your big post, that was exactly what I was thinking doing this image :slight_smile:

@sundialsvc4 I see what you mean :slight_smile: I will try to thing about that in next work. Now I just cropped a bit from top because there was also a quite disturbing bright area. (image is updated now)

Anyway I would like to say all of you BIG BIG thanks one more time!

Stunning work Maciek!

I love everything about this. 3 thumbs up for me.