Kanya dance - Final gameplay mechanics

12th costume set (Dragonball - Saiyan theme)
This song will be used in the game

I wouldn’t say your game’s too over sexualized. I’d say the problem is when game developers feel the need to place over sexualized characters in ridiculous scenarios. For example, a half naked women in the middle of a war zone (you may have an idea of what commercial game I’m talking about, haha).

Really like the Dragonball themed costume, very cool!

I know many games with girls in half naked cloths/armor ^^ Ya i understand that.

I am glad you like that costume.

These are some visual changes

[ATTACH=CONFIG]368810[/ATTACH]

It just allows me to post 3 pictures in 1 post, so i need to post 2 times

Attachments

I like this game a lot it’s really good, nice work. :slight_smile:

You should create a specular map for the skin of the character, it’s a little bit to shiny

Thank you Marvin

Ya i also think it looks too shiny just like a barbie doll somehow. I will adjust the specular.

Hi, I saw today that blender 2.74 has support for custom normals.
That should help to make your character’s hair much more beautiful.

I don’t know how well it’s going to work out yet, I haven’t tested it but the result should be similar to what you can see in AAA games.

i love dbz nice one rockymadio… :evilgrin:

thank you ^^.
smoking mirror. i think that modier gonna be useful for me. i will try it soon

This is the current state of the project. I still use this song to test everything ( lighting, camera, dance ). Pohjan and I are trying to remove the delaying gaps between those effect sounds, which dont function well in the video, where there are many notes to press. This is also the main problem of the project now.

Kanya can look at you now when you/ the camera moves close to her.

Few updates:

• optimized the sfx of arrows
  • Title scene, intro scene
  • Fast loading of dancing stages
  • Few more songs ( but their beatmaps are still unfinished )
  • party poppers ( i forgot to show it in this video, it kinda shoots paper pieces and bubbles from above )

hmmm this is the 5th dancing stage. It is a floating disc (or what kind of the heck it should be…). I use a cube to display the sky with stars and planets.

Nice looks great i cant wait to download it…

thanks Fred, i will sure let people on our forum play it when it is done. But i guess it will be a relatively far future… since i want the character to have a lot of appearance items and dance animations, it gonna take long. Beside i am busy studying too.

Maybe you might want to make it a littler simplier and finish earlier, before you someday stop developing this game and it ends up as another one of these unfinished games. Keep it simple and maybe keep adding when you´re done with the first version.

thanks for the advise, but what i show here is not everything i have done for the game. my goal is not to try to finish my projects early. i have fun developing them and i want to learn.

few changes:

• camera focus length,
  • UI designs
  • game theme color
  • new dance steps (only 2 are shown here)
  • Kanya’s clothes

Oh my gosh the voice! -.- i see the designer is so pervy!

Wow! :eek:
It’s really looking like a professional game so far!.
The only game ive really played like this thus far is DDR on my nintendo wii, so I really dont have a lot to say on the subject of improvement.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :smiley: