Kanya dance - Final gameplay mechanics

thanks Terra Byte Tech!

I try my best to keep the design ‘clean’ and cute http://s4.postimage.org/1h0ztej50/image.gif

Any time! I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

2 new sets for Kanya

these are all items she can use in the game

It is definitely a professional game!
My daughter will love playing !!
Congratulations!

thanks firefox.jco

i am glad you like it. It will sure become an interesting game for female players.

today i tried few 2d filters for the project and realized it makes the game look even more lively. I also expanded some features of the game. On the leftside you can see some checkboxes (these will only appear when you move your mouse on something, but i will make it later)

In game you also have 2 camera modes: free flying camera and static camera (thanks to smoking_mirror)

I also edited few new clothing items

few new features:

• stage lighting (change with different level of score bar)
  • arrow effects
  • a prologue
  • static camera positions
  • full screen/ windows

after this video i will stop making overview videos of Kanya for a while to concentrate more for my study and also for deeper development of all concents in the game.

8th dance stage

Game’s looking very nice:yes:

What are you studying?

thanks Marvin!

Currently i am doing my first semester in a game university in Berlin - Germany as digital art student.

Hey hey Rocky! This game is coming together so nicely! The character combinations are really deep! how many people are working on this project and do you see yourself at some point creating a game from what you learned here and putting it on steam? Keep up the great work!!! :slight_smile:

Thanks TonyPowell,

The game concept and most visual parts of it are done by me. For the coding parts, i got Pohjan (a member in Blenderartists), who helped alot to perfectionize the rhythm algorithm. Rest of the coding is recently done by myself, with a great support of people from this forum. I am not good at coding so i try to improve the graphics to hide that weakness.

I am just aiming to build a game for my portfolio. I cannot publish it on steam or anyway, since the game uses very many strongly copyrighted songs. People gonna sue me if they see those @.@ In future I may work with some music producers i know to make our own music game and probably we could publish it without care of licence.

I and a friend are trying to make a small controller system for the game using Arduino Which is kinda like this…

Hi everyone.

I have a new strategy for this project and would like to announce some new changes and wishes within this post. I am planning to release this game one day, but I need then to remove all the songs i have been using and beatmapping. But this should not be a big problem for me, since I really know the workflow of the project by heart.

I need many different kinds of dance music for the game and so, i will totally appreciate everyone, who wants to take part in this project by making the song tracks for that. Of course i will not forget to include the author name of any individual, who put their track in this game.

Song genres:

1. Drum’n’Bass
  2. Hardstyle (Dubstep, Melbourne Bounce)
  3. Hi-NRG (Eurobeat)
  4. House music
  5. Industrial music
  6. Trance music
  7. Techno

(and something else if it fits to dancing, duration of each track should be not over than 3minutes , better just 2minutes )

Requirements:

1. You can use any synthing software to create the song tracks like MAGIX, LMMS, Fruity Loops etc. The sample rate of every track should be between 44100 Hz and 22050 Hz
  2. creativity

This gonna be a free-to-play game. I want it to be an interesting music game with the goal to show off the Blender Game Engine. We can publish it on somewhere, which can ensure the licence of the game (IndieDB, GameJolt, Steam etc.) Please let me know if you are interested by commenting here, or per my Email: [email protected]

This is a track i made (WIP )

I am so happy with the new feature i achieved these days so i just show a very short video now. In this video you can see some new features:

• animated score counter
  • sound effect of notes,
  • polished action
  • breast physics

well…better map changer function too but it would be too long for the video so i cut that part

just a short promo video i made for few indie developer communities

Nice! However if your game is all about rhythm and pattern design, you should make the promo video to show that in action.
That is your “selling point” and your game strong side, show this in your promo videos.

thanks Haidme, i will include some real gameplay footages in next videos

I received some feedbacks that say the Kanya model should be improved… so i start sculpting it again. Hm it looks quite like a complete new model now. I then have to reanimate the dance steps also remodel all the clothing meshes. Hopefully it wont take much time.

I have a well made,game wise, nude female model with textures, you can use it as a base mesh for your models.

thanks haidme alot. i will probably take some part of it !i like the hair model also