Kanya dance - Final gameplay mechanics

this is a test play of the game. Special thanks to Pohjan, who recreated every single script for the beat calculation. His code also allows me to get super exact timing of the music so that i could do a kind of beat map like in the video.

https://youtu.be/O0zqaJDAiU0

The control in game is like this. Using both hand is just optional.

As the creator of the beat map i could also press all of these patterns but the camera (my phone) kinda fell down always, so i decided not to care about perfection anymore.

This looks cool, maybe you could get your character to dance while you hit each key? and then if you miss a key the character will miss a dance move or something? Just an idea :).

thanks thatimster
yes she has several dance actions, i just deactivate them for a while since the codes are still in improvement. She also has facial rig too. I will make her have sad and happy emotions. Those will depend on the miss-rate and success-rate during the game. ^^

RockyMadio your dance game is going along nicely, the latest video has me hooked watching this thread. Great work can’t wait to see more…

thanks hanzo http://s2.postimage.org/p2jkn7xg/yoyo52.gif

Pohjan and I improve and stabilize the beat synchronization, with the dance animations and some visual elements.

All the audio files are formated as OGG.

She rocks!! Nice work on the animations and the models and everything! Is there only this one song? Will it be hard to adjust the system for new songs?

thanks BGR, the game currently has 7 songs totally, and all those are defined in a list but their beatmap files (note timing sheet) are still empty. I work on this song first as test. We made a dynamic calculation for every song file. Making a new one will not be a problem. But since i have too few dance animations, i must prepare more first

Great work Rocky! Beats are matching nicely with the animations. I would improve the animations more and parent ragdoll elements to her bones, many various pendants, that way dancing should look even more “alive”.

Rocky, first time I see whole scene. I have stared week only Python codes and beatmaps and more codes and wondering with bugs. Now I must say, She really rocks.

thanks haidme. i am interested to know how to parent ragdoll elements. Could you please explain more clearly for me?

thanks pohji! she wont be like that without your help.

thanks haidme. i am interested to know how to parent ragdoll elements. Could you please explain more clearly for me?

There are two ways.
You can just model each part of a pendant as separated object and then add the appropriate constraint to them(like rigid body joint->Hinge).The first object in this chain must be parented to a bone of your human model and must be static.
The second is to make a ragdoll pendant(assuming you know how) and then parent the main object of your ragdoll to a bone of your human model.
There are many threads with ragdoll examples here in this forums.

P.S. This is what I reverse engineered to learn the ragdolls setup: http://krum-game.com/temp/ragdoll_setup.blend
But it is for blender 2.49b

woa it sounds difficult O.O the file you sent is also complicated. As i imagine, it is like: the character will be rigged to the ragdoll set, which is parented to the skeleton?

Well…it is complicated.:slight_smile: However you don’t need to make the whole character a ragdoll, you just need to make a simple element that should move with physics while your character is dancing. And yes, if you want to make a ragdoll from one mesh you need to parent the mesh to an armature first.
Basically the ragdoll is a method to move a separated bone from an armature in a position and orientation of the control object, which is a rigid body and is influenced by the physics.
You first make the model from simple boxes and constraint each object one to another and make them invisible. Then add the skeleton with the real character and with the help of python…make each bone from the skeleton to get the rotation and orientation of the exact object of your ragdoll(made first).
It is complicated,yes…however once you understand it, it should be very easy to make nice physic based movements of your dancing character.

P.S. The file I sent you is the most complicated one I’ve seen. You don’t need it if you want to make a simple ragdoll element. Just search the forums

thanks haidme. i will take a look at it

These are just a small improvement of the user interface. In the video you can see a small animation for the start of any match. Here are 7 songs that i choosed for the game.

Thanks to pohjan for the programming with which i could replace those disc cover pictures without using new meshes but replacing textures.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]367646[/ATTACH]

Attachments

This is the design of Hair 10, Top 10 and Bot 10. (shoes will be added later, the design is still the big robotic feet). My first imitating costume for the game. As you already know ^^ This is supposed to be RockMan X - my childhood friend. Thats why i like to have this in the outfit collection in Kanya - can you dance.

Well , i know most people here dont like over sexualized female character … but i hope you still like this design.

This is a track from Sound holic album, i will use it as 8th song in the game.

You have lot progress of graphics. Good work. Cd spinner gives cool musical atmosphere.

Thanks Pohjichan! ^^

This is the 11th set in cloth collection of Kanya dance. The nyan cat costume. Why?.. coz i love this cat! http://s2.postimage.org/p8nj4dlw/yoyo149.gif