Italian lunch

Pasta con pomodoro fresco al basilico? Yes, please!

Incredibly realistic! it made me so hungry to eat! I love the way you show the breakdown really impressed me very much! Congratulations!

Amazing!!!

Wow, how many replies! Thank you very much!
To thank all of you, I geive you a little close-up shot…

To answer some questions, as I said before, the sauce is fluid simulation while all the rest, including spaghetti, is rigid body simulation.

:yes:

I’m still very impressed with your work, but with the close view, I feel as if the sauce looks more translucent and uniform than I’d expect. It’s as if it’s fruit preserves rather than a tomato sauce. Perhaps if it were a deeper, more opaque red material? It may not be the look you’re going for, but I can imagine that applying a texture image with some darker spots (the look of herbs blended into the sauce) could make the image that much more realistic. The cheese shreds are very nicely done, I must add.

yummmy I had that last night!! :eek:

amazing work…Like my diner yesterday but I think your taste better :slight_smile:

This is really nice, but the lighting could be better.

I love that you were able to capture the odd alcohol “residue” that wine always leaves on glasses.

Nice scene. I like the exploded wireframe. You should render it like that for fun.

lol Very nice! The second image is like, a breakdown on spaghetti… love it. If anything how the noodles flow about looks slightly off, maybe. Still looks superb. Maybe the noodles are like a pixel too wide? Now I’m hungry!

Which renderer did you use?

Great scene, looks tasty. Others have already commented on the pasta. Regarding the wine - it is meant to be a red wine? To me, is looks more like a port at present, I’d be inclined to make it more opaque/darker and with a little bit more of a purple tinge to the colour.

It looks so real.Great work. The composition of colors are just perfect.

Definitely realistic, most of the people will think it’s a photo.

I was just thinking the same thing about the pasta being too curly. Generally, spaghetti will settle in a denser, less curly fashion in the plate unless there is exceptional effort to try and make it hold a specific shape/form (usually requiring some sauce to accomplish). /foodsnob

That being said… NOM! It makes me hungry. Your result is very solid. Keep it up!

I think you did a great job! It all looks good. I have read all the comments, and maybe a few things could be a little different, but overall it’s really good. The only thing is that most table settings have the fork belongs on the left.

I really wouldn’t have known it was a render if it were anywhere but here. Wonderful work!

So you’re telling me this isn’t a real picture? :wink:

It was close enough to make me hungry!!!

I’m ordering out for Italian tonight. How’s that for an answer? :slight_smile:

Nice job!!