Doris sketchbook

good boy!!

wonderful sketchbook :slight_smile:

My compliments Doris! :slight_smile:
I really like the render of the second model … it looks good in your work TopRow! :slight_smile:

dropping jaw! your lovely sculpts are so beautiful! I cant find any words to give comments more…:slight_smile:

i am going to emulate your style. very nice sketchbook.

thank you vea, siebeneicher,ace00, mycatnameistux (what a great forum’s name) and masterxeon1001, thank you all for your kind words.

great work …Looking forward to your next work…:yes:

I love that portrait! Brilliant work!!!

thank you both :slight_smile: actually i am trying to push charly further, and texture him. however, i got mixed up by the gamma setting of my monitor and the linear workflow blender seems to use on srgb only? which means, my colors never are what i expect them to be…need to find out how to fix that.

I too will add my congratulations, very nice work on sculpting and togology, I learned some things looking at your topology, thanks for posting.

Nice sketchbook! Congrats on making the top row.

nrk, that is great. i am really glad my image of topology is helpful :slight_smile:
thanks macromanjr :slight_smile:

Maybe try to play with those settings that control Blender color management :

yes sanctuary, this is what i tried. however, for display device there is only offered srgb or none, that make some sense. my monitor is not srgb (mac monitor) so i tried none. this displays color in view port correctly, but still imports images from zbrush with wrong colors. so
i tried the gamma setting, but when i have set display to none, changing the gamma does not seem to change anything.?
i have now put a gamma node just behind the image texture node and correct the gamma at this stage. in the material. then, it renders correctly, at least… thanks for helping.

That’s very odd, on my windows system, there are 4, not only 2, display devices available in Blender : sRGB, XYZ, Rec709 and None ?
Is there a color management setting in Zbrush that you could match with the Blender ones before exporting your images ?

yes, 4 too… i am sorry, sanctuary, my fault of saying wrong words. now i tried xyz setting. it renders images with correct colors, the texture appears in render as i painted it in zbrush, that is great! however, now when i load the texture into the uv/image editor it is way too dark. same is when i put the 3d space to texture display, its way too dark… which setting should i change to correct this too?

In the UV/Image Editor, after loading your picture there, press N there’s a tab featuring an “Input Color Space” setting that you can change and may correct the too dark colors there.

great! thanks a lot sanctuary :slight_smile:

Hi Doris,

Amazing progress since the start of your sketchbook.
Your sculpts look really good as well as your lowpoly retopology work.
That’s something I still need to work on.

oddbody

thank you oddbody, its good when we can help each other by simply sharing :slight_smile:

i am trying to learn how to get zbrush play perfectly with blender, there are so many hurdles… lol… so for now, i like to share the first part of texturing work, renderend with only 50 samples, took long enough …lol …(next week i get my new mac, then render times should be no issue anymore :-))… i concentrated on the skin shader. suggestions for improvement are welcome :slight_smile: