Doris sketchbook

Wow, good skin texture doris, was it a image texture? Or did you use the new SSS? The only thing I see wrong is with the hat, there is a black spot on it. Also, of course the eyes are not textured, do you plan to do them are you just going to leave them like they are?

thanks model man. i wonder what black spot you mean? the dark shadow in the eye corner? … yes, its a hand painted skin texture to get the natural colorvariety of skin. together with sss, which has in its colorslot the same texture but a tad darkened and much more color saturation (made by nodes: soft light followed by a hue saturation node)… oh, yes, it is stilll wip, i will texture everything, the eyes too! i want push him as “real” as i can, once in a while i like doing such…

There is a little black spot on the hat. I can’t tell if it is not supposed to be there or if it is on purpose. It is the first image you uploaded as well, o maybe you meant to put it there?

I will be looking forward to seeing the finished render, with it all textured and finished.

Attachments

oh, i see… that is one of the four vent holes these sort of caps have… so, i need do something about it, that it is clearer to see what it is. thanks for pointing out!

I thought that might be what it was. Maybe it would help if you added some stitches around that hole, if you get what I am saying.

How can anyone sculpt so well on a 2D monitor. You truly inspire me.

model man, yes i did a metal ring around the holes, as is often in these caps. it helps. thanks for giving feedback. very appreciated.
oh, simple3d, partly it comes since i do sculpt and carve in true world too :slight_smile: this gives experience i can draw from in 3d… and its big fun, too!

I love all your sculpts Doris but Hades is the best for me.

How is it coming? Have you done very much work on it since the last update?

thanks hetors… glad you like hades. i sure had fun with him…
model man, i just received today my new mac :slight_smile: this is actually my first post i write on him… so, because of hardware change there is a little delay, but my new mac renders like fire, it was the first i tried ,yippiee!!! soon, i show, yes, i did work more, but i want bring him to finish before i share… and, i need to get accustomed to such a mighty beast machine … lol… so might take a few days, i find the new macos x a little odd… thanks for asking, very appreciated.

Cool, I can’t wait to see it finished! I need a new compute my self, I have thought about getting a mac, but I have enough spare parts around my house I think I will just upgrade my old machine.

so, the first test drive with my new machine, pure dyntopo, 1.5 mill polygons, (a lot for dyntopo!), it is so much fun to work with a decent machine :slight_smile:

Hey, congratulations on your new mac! Considering what you’ve been able to do on the old one I’m expecting some seriously detailed sculpts to come. :yes: Brilliant work as usual, keep it up!

I’m Loving that last one! truly great!

Moar please!!!

that i scrazy cool Doris!!! beautiful!! 9000 stars!!

nimtrix thanks! yes i hope i can fly free now, that was the idea of this purchase :slight_smile:
michael, sure, soon!!!
craig jones, thanks :slight_smile:

Awesome stuff, love the last one, keep them coming :slight_smile:

michalis, yes ear again, somehow i am bored by ears recently…lol…yes, buildbot builds did not start , i am using a official build. …yes, these 1.5 million was just a test how far i could go, ,it went smoothly with only one lagging around 600 000 polies, after that smooth working again (i never undo, so that might be a plus in dyntopo)
pivac, thank you for your kind words, yes i will keep them coming :slight_smile:

tonight, i finished the portrait of charly. all done in blender, the only exception was the skin texture, i painted that in zbrush… from time to time, i really am longing to do these realistic style portraits, but everytime, towards the end of the work, i feel its less worth than doing “clay” or “stone” portraits… sigh… i hope you enjoy him anyway… :slight_smile:

(i really don’t understand why the images when posted here in forum look always different than on my monitor :-(…)

WOW! Doris your work is amazing,a well deserve 5 star rating in my part!

:slight_smile:

nevbms