Blender Guru Competition: "What Really Happened?"

Wow, this is an amazing piece of work. Well done!

just a thought for everyone, this competition has the cruel rule of banning video entries so one of the best ways to tell a story of what happened might be to render out an image with some sort of newspaper in it, the paper could itself include rendered images of whatever conspiracy one is trying to promote.

the me262 image is quite stunning!

Thanks friend!!!

Although your work is really good…for the sake of fairness you might want to mention that this work of yours is quite old.

I am not even taking part of the competition, but this will turn into quite a predicament if such tendencies ensue to exist.

He said in the guidelines that it had to be a new work. So if you even started a project before the competition was announced, it’s not a fair entry.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]309397[/ATTACH]
In 1382 strange lights were seen over the town of Pisa. At 1.30am on the morning of May 5th a man named Guglielmo Pisano said he saw a strange craft hovering over the bell tower of the cathedral in Pisa. He told friends that he saw the strange object moving slowly toward the tower then bumping into it causing it to lean. When the church got word of what Guglielmo had been saying they quickly had him discredited as a madman and put in place a new story that the tower was leaning because of unstable ground. It is said that Guglielmo left town and was never seen again.
This is my depiction of “what really happened”.

Attachments

Thanks…

This is a very good job, but is not a New project…

Fantastic work, hands down the best so far.

One minor suggestion to really sell the piece…show a few chunks of masonry and other stonework flying through the air away from both the point of impact and from other places on the tower to give the illusion of a collision occuring.

Thats a good idea. Really everything is awesome. But its hard to see the… lets call it the Enterprise, hit the building. Adding destruction particles will add a sense of realism.

not to mention that it in no way matches the competition theme…

Thanks guys I agree totally. Falling blocks would be a great improvement. I would go back and add them but I Joined the Architecture Academy yesterday and I’m behind on that already.

Created this from compition. Bermuda trangle 2003 oct-nov disappearance of fishing boat:confused:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]309839[/ATTACH]
i made this for compition . Bermuda trangle 2003 oct-nov fishing boat disappear.

Here is my entry, hope you’ll like it :slight_smile:
Armstrong was not so alone !

Excellent work on that tractor beam, Him girish!

Here is my entry for What Really Happened. The creation of stonehenge.

Whoaaaaa. That’s flipping awesome!

This is my entry called “Ooops, Caesar died”.

blender 2.7, cycles at 1000 samples

Good luck to everyone!

It seems like many people (including me) went for the Neil Armstrong idea… I have to say this is bit demotivating.
This competition subject is too constraintful to me, I prefer when it’s just “characters” or “nature”… This leaves you with more freedom and people don’t end up with the same ideas… Anyway, sorry for the moan, and good luck to the competitors!