Blender Guru Competition: "What Really Happened?"

Here is my entry, I called it “Oh! God! Please help!”. The obvious idea was how would you feel if you were left behind during the flood.
All made in Blender Cycles.
Enjoy!

Badaboom

Hello all!

This picture is of how the original computer designers had to get the very first computers to work: by good ol’ hamster power!

(Click the image for higher quality)

Don’t feel discouraged! :slight_smile: That the image is based on the moon landing doesn’t say much, it’s what you do with it! It is one of the most famous conspiracy theories out there, so it is not weird that more people think about it. But you can still make it unique and interesting!

this is my entry and first completed project …
its atlantis being swallowed by the ocean!
hope you guys enjoy it! :smiley:

my entry for the competition , this is my first completed project too!
its atlantis being swallowed by the ocean… hope you guys like it! peace!

sorry i accidentally posted twice because i didnt think it went through XD
how do i remove one?

Just hit “edit” and replace what you wrote with “oops, double post” or whatever you want. =)

Incredible, awesome render, seem a real old photo!!! :wink:
At the moment it is the best rendering…Good Job and Good luck for this contest…

“Mind that ship Brian”
“what ship?”

link to full res version

If you place the conversation in bubbles onto the image, comics style…your image wins in my book.

i did consider adding text but it didn’t really fit with the composition. besides, it can be interpreted so many ways i couldn’t decide. so i leave it to the viewer to interperate their own captions :slight_smile:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]310504[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]310505[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]310506[/ATTACH]Here is my entry. Feel free to give your opinion and advice. It will help me become better as an artist and a storyteller. Good luck.=)

P.S. use the one with the stars as my final product. I included 2 others to show progression.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]310509[/ATTACH]Here is my entry. Please Feel free to give an opinion and advice. Thanks for all of the support.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]310512[/ATTACH]Here is my entry Andrew. As for everyone else please feel free to give advice and criticism.

Here is my entry. Feel free to give criticism and advice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]310513[/ATTACH]

Here is my entry. Feel free to give criticism and advice.

In hindsight it’s not much of a conspiracy and I’m not a huge fan of history so I could be way off but I thought what if Excalibur was a real sword and Stonehenge was where the famed sword rested. Here is the result of my musings. It’s kinda incomplete but a guy has only so much RAM and time. Am I right?

I like to live life on the edge so this was rendered with an experimental version of Blender so I could make volumemetric fire.
Rendered on the CPU(of course)2hrs and 100 samples in Cycles

Hi All, this is my entry for “What really happened”. Hope you like and good luck to all entries. Chris.

Attachments

Here’s my entry.

The big green giant (or is it an alien?), playing with puzzle blocks.
Tried to make the image with better quality but my computer could not handle it. And I had to do minor adjustments
to the background in Corel Painter. By the way, the background picture is taken with my mobile phone camera.