Blender Guru Competition: "What Really Happened?"

I had to giggle - no insult - at the electric chair and bike. You’d have to petal like a madman for a while to even get enough electricity to kill a grown 180 odd pound man. Even the original late 1880s chairs weren’t powered by bikes, they had real generators for this.

Hi there:
A little question:
Can i use textures from cgtextures in my project?

Very cool idea! Very detailed.

Cant link the "chair " scene to the subject though.

This is the progress of my entry for contest, what do you think?

@JotaBolota, my suggestions would be, change the font in the background, work some more on the coffin materials, and spread his feet apart some. It’s a good start. =)

Thanks Owldude! I will better this render…

I would suggest that everyone read the contest description a few more times before beginning your projects. It seems to me that the concept of the contest is completely lost in most of the stuff I’ve seen on here already and I’m guessing there is more out there being worked on right now.

The contest as I understand it is to recreate and actual event that has been recorded in history but show what actually happened and not what we have been told. Such as conspiracy theories. It might be described like saying “I heard that’s not what really happened but the government wants you to believe blah blah. What I think happened was blah blah…”

For me this is and extremely difficult competition based on the topic. I don’t see a lot of WIP here on BA so I’m guessing Andrew is expecting a lot fewer entries. I would love to compete on this but I think I may have to pass:)

Andrew if I’m way off here just ;et me and everyone else know. I hate to see people waste time going in the wrong direction. Although every time you touch the mouse in Blender you learn something new:)

Happy Blending!

Intro on the blenderguru website says
Let your conspiracy theories run wild! Pick an event and visualize how you think it really happened.

There’s also: It can be funny, serious or 100% tinfoil conspiracy fodder.
http://www.blenderguru.com/new-competition-what-really-happened/

I am thinking more people aren’t doing many works right now because how do you do it? It’s hard to narrow down the field / aspect of looking at something to work on in my mind. The concept is too broad to really focus on - I mean previous comp, characters - simple. One before that Christmas.

They’re all focused, this is all over the place.

Jack the Ripper [a suggestion] for example ranges in everything from a butcher to a lord to a doctor for potential criminal. The Triangle has been explained to “work” due to aliens, demons, alternate realities, etc. Dyatlov Pass incident another guru suggestion is everything from soldiers to natives to freak nuclear accident (due to the radiation), to overdosing on drugs / “mushrooms”, to aliens.

Here is my entry

I decided to do this because I had seen the movie on TCM just before the contest was announced, but being a history buff, I decided to make the bomb more “historically accurate” than the one depicted in the movie.

The “bomb theory” suggested that a flash bulb was used as the ignition source, so I went with that as my starting point. I did a little research to find out what the components would look like in the 1930s, and used that as reference. I was lucky enough to find a site which had free drawings of the Hindenburg, and used those as the “blueprint”. I did the graphics myself in Inkscape and GIMP, with the illustration of the bulb on the box created in BI Freestyle using the mesh for the bulb as the basis. The gunk and scratches on the picture were added in GIMP.

Here’s my entry for the “What Really Happened” competition. It’s my first proper project outside of Andrew’s tutorials. I went for a modern twist on the ‘Did Humans Really Land On The Moon’ conspiracy. Feedback is appreciated :slight_smile:

This is my entry to the competition :slight_smile:

The render is called: ‘‘Waiting…’’
500 samples, resolution 2560x1440 (full image link: http://s12.postimg.org/b5dyryo6l/FINALNA_SLIKA.jpg)

I know that there was a discussion about this event and that some people have problem with it. I would like to say that I was already at the end of this project when the argument happened. I have no intention to offend anybody, it’s just my imagination of the event.

I named it ‘‘Waiting…’’ because I’m trying to say that those people might be still waiting for somebody to save them, and that world shouldn’t give up searching.

What do you think?

Hi, this is my entry to What Really Happened, this is my first ever project in blender and 3D world.

Lol, “Lawrence-Burden” - you read my mind. The flag is flipped around though :slight_smile:

Well I’m new to Blender and here’s my entry to what happend.

It’s about the Flight 19 which is lost during training flights in 1945 over the bermuda triangle.

Greetings

If the idea is the use of good technology in evil work, then you have nailed it. not sure though if it relates to the theme of the competition.

Cheers, I hadn’t noticed that :slight_smile: I’ll do a new render over the weekend to fix that!

This is my entry for this contest…

This is a top secret photo made after the false moon landing (20th of July 1969) for the Apollo 11 mission.
Modelled in Blender and rendered in Cycles 2000 samples.
All old photo effects are made in Blender in post production, other minor effects like the headlights and the dark frame are made in Gimp.

Michael is Alive- beLIEve
This is my entry for contest. What do you think about this? What do you understand?

We are the resistance :slight_smile:
Blender 2.70
cycles render 200 samples