[Addon] Corona Render Exporter v1.9.2

Another update. Version 0.5 fixes the camera target workaround, so it’s no longer necessary. Rendering should now work right out of the box, as long as there are materials assigned. I’ll fix this in the next release.

Thank you so much for picking up work on this exporter again Joel, you’re awesome!

Unfortunately I can’t get it working at all this time. When I press render after exporting everything I get a blank window, nothing renders.

I get this error message in the console: “Fatal error while parsing configuration file ‘C:\Users\Pilo\Desktop\coronatest\Scene_1.conf’, line 10:int aa.sampler = 0 – Unknown property”

I’m most likely missing something so I am not reporting bugs yet.

Hmm, I don’t know; I haven’t actually tried messing with that parameter. The documentation isn’t written like a Corona-for-Dummies manual, so some of the properties (a FEW, not many, I believe) may not have been deciphered very well from the existing documentation.

Tell me more about your render settings, or post a .blend file if you can.

Here is my .blend file, the render settings are pretty much default I believe. I also made a typing error in my last post, it should have said “10:int aa.sampler=0”. I tried to manually go into the .conf file and change it to some other value like 1 but it overrides back to 0 when I press render.
I used the official 2.69 version on Blender’s home page.

Anyway thanks for the help :slight_smile:

It works for me. I think this is actually a case of needing the latest version of Corona Standalone. Do you have the latest version? It hasn’t been updated in a while.

Get the one from this post in this thread. Kind of an obscure place to find it, but this is the one I have. The .conf file settings are a little different from the initial release.
http://corona-renderer.com/forum/index.php/topic,930.msg6984.html#msg6984

Edit: Wait. Maybe I’m wrong. Give me a minute…

Yeah, I think I’m definitely wrong. Do YOU have the newer version? The one that was updated two months ago? I just found that one.

Settings are different, I think. I’m gonna have to ask on the Corona forums about new and obsolete .conf file properties.

Update: Ok, I’ve edited the writing the of the .conf file, so some things just don’t get written to it any more. That should fix the errors you’re seeing. BUT if I switch the renderer to Bucket or something else, I get an “Unknown exception” error after Corona starts, and it shuts down. So I need to figure out what that’s about.

In the meantime, I’m going to commit my changes. Please feel free to continue testing and reporting bugs, since I won’t know what works and what doesn’t with the new release of Corona Standalone.

I’ve updated to the new version of Corona and re-installed your updated addon in a new install of Blender 2.69 and I still get the same error :confused:

The exact same error? Huh. I don’t know how that’s possible with this configuration; I’ve commented out the line that writes the aa.sampler property (and several others that were causing issues - I guess some are really only for debugging), so it shouldn’t be appearing in the .conf file at all. I’m using this version of Corona; https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kgzu0cqy903ygmb/B5zHQfynfQ/!Standalone

Are you sure you got the most recent changes I made to the exporter?

Just to be sure, I just downloaded the exporter from bitbucket and popped it into my addons folder, and export works for me without errors.

hi joel,
i am trying my hands on your exporter. The geometry is exported but getting following error at render

thanks in advance .

Hi udayan, I’m not sure how much support I can provide for all the errors everyone’s seeing. I saw that error in a previous version of Corona, but it doesn’t give an error in the most recent version (at least, what I THINK is the most recent version).

The problem is that everyone’s got to have the same version of Corona and the most current changes to the exporter, and there isn’t enough standardization at the moment to make sure that’s the case. There are a few places to download Corona Standalone, and not all of them are the most current. It’s kind of a moving target, which makes it hard to provide support, unfortunately.

Make sure you’ve got the version of Corona Standalone that you can download from my post right before yours. I’m not getting this error with that version.

Edit: post was irrelevant

Thank you Joel, it is finally working now!

I got the corona version you suggested and downloaded the updated addon in your repository, it seems to have fixed it. Now I am probably going to spend the rest of the day trying out your exporter :slight_smile:

Awesome news!
Thank you!

Sweet! Lookin forward to seeing some tests. :smiley: I’ve been doing too much with Maya lately to have anything to render with Corona right now, so I’m hoping others will start posting things.

There’s GOT to be a way to speed up the .obj export. So far, that’s the real hangup with rendering with Corona, and it would be a huge pain to render a large animated scene. Hair-pulling-ly implausible, even. I wonder if anyone with some Python-savvy can take a look at the code and optimize it…

By the way, I added a checkbox right under the render/export buttons that’ll allow you to disable export when rendering. This way, if you’ve already exported your meshes once, you can tweak your settings and materials and re-render without having to export the objects.

“Currently, it is free to use, but there are plans to make it commercial in the future, after it is fully developed. It will however always have some free versions, and active betatesters will get access to the full versions for free.”

So basically it will be free for trial versions. I wonder how much it will be… I would hate to get used to a new engine just to have it be an exorbitant amount. :wink:

I don’t know that that’s necessarily what that means. Either way, yeah, it looks like it’s definitely going commercial at some point. It’s a pretty solid renderer, I wouldn’t expect any less of it.

Ohsnapitsjoel, can you please put a simple ‘steps’ list on how to make the whole thing work (what, exactly, to download and to do)… because despite my following everything I did read here I did not be able to make it work. The settings of the renderer (rendering options, material and lights tabs etc) are all ok… the only thing that does not happen is the rendering… there appears an empty scene and an error message…

Hey,

Will it be possible to have the same material preview as in 3ds max? It’s one of the great features of Corona to be able to show a rather realistic preview of the materials.
Thank you for working on this Corona Render Exporter!

Sure thing, I’ll do that today. If I can get around to it soon, I’ll even make a quick video tutorial.

It may be, I don’t know for sure. I’ll have to take a long look at the exporters that do this already, like Luxblend and the Mitsuba exporter. And there’s a way to run Corona without launching the GUI; so yes, it MIGHT be possible.

But don’t get your hopes up too soon. :wink: It’ll take me a while, assuming it’s possible.