[Addon] Corona Render Exporter v1.9.2

sweet, thanks ohsnapitsjoel, sorry haven’t been updating much lately, haven’t had much free time but hopefully I can add more features to the cycles to corona converter this week

@holyenigma74 I think you have to download the standalone app (just a zip archive to uncompress somewhere). But that’s what is giving me that strange bug about missing dll :frowning: So not sure I took the right one too.

i already tried the standalone one… and with that i got the misssing dll error also…
the dll needed is in the other one from the website…
(register for the forum and its at the bottom where it says alpha builds)
you can stick the exe in the folder but it dont seem to work…

maybe need corona to provide a zip file for blender users?
or some more instructions :slight_smile: not sure.

I’m not sure what you mean; there isn’t actually any build in the form of an installer, from what I can see. The builds available on the forum are just zip folders comprised of .dll’s, a docs folder, and the Corona.exe. You shouldn’t have to install anything, just unzip it to your hard drive somewhere.

Well I think I understand the problem you guys are having. Corona is still in Alpha state, and there isn’t much documentation about Standalone except in the form of forum posts.

Here’s what you have to do:

1. Download the original CoronaStandalone zip file in the first post on this thread: http://corona-renderer.com/forum/index.php/topic,905.0.html
  2. Extract the files somewhere - let’s call it C:\CoronaStandalone
  3. Now, download the UPDATED build of the .dll and .exe from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4p5991h8erbcj69/JNZG9UdPPy
  4. Stick the new .dll and .exe in your C:\CoronaStandalone\CoronaStandalone\ directory.
  5. Then download the new documentation from this last post: http://corona-renderer.com/forum/index.php/topic,905.msg7922.html#msg7922

Make sense?

I think this is why you guys are getting .dll errors - you need the rest of the .dlls from the original zip file, not just the updated .dll and .exe.

Sweet, please do! Your code is in the repository now, so tweak away. Did my explanation make sense?

here are the errors im getting… with Corona plugin and setting it up like you said.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\BlenderSVN\build\Blender MinGW64 58227 Trunk\bin\2.67\python\lib\subprocess.py”, line 1090, in _execute_child
startupinfo)
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\BlenderSVN\build\Blender MinGW64 58227 Trunk\bin\2.67\scripts\addons\render_corona\engine .py”, line 163, in render
render_start( self, scene)
File “C:\BlenderSVN\build\Blender MinGW64 58227 Trunk\bin\2.67\scripts\addons\render_corona\engine .py”, line 24, in render_start
render_scene( engine, scene)
File “C:\BlenderSVN\build\Blender MinGW64 58227 Trunk\bin\2.67\scripts\addons\render_corona\engine .py”, line 85, in render_scene
process = subprocess.Popen(cmd, cwd = render_output, stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
File “C:\BlenderSVN\build\Blender MinGW64 58227 Trunk\bin\2.67\python\lib\subprocess.py”, line 818, in init
restore_signals, start_new_session)
File “C:\BlenderSVN\build\Blender MinGW64 58227 Trunk\bin\2.67\python\lib\subprocess.py”, line 1096, in _execute_child
raise WindowsError(*e.args)
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

the render just looks transparent…/void

it would be cool to have an plugin exporter/integration for embree :smiley:

i like playing with it but using the command line is a PITA.

hmmm. since cycles uses some embree code for bvh…

why not blender bring in the full embree render as an option?
with the integration then using it would be as easy as using blender internal

I don’t know anything about it yet. Have you compiled it? Do you have a build of embree for Win 64, by any chance?

Just out of curiosity, are you using the most recent version of the exporter? Also, what does it say in the ‘path to corona’ text box? Can you copy/paste that? Is there a Corona.exe in that directory?

i had one… Embree x64
if i find it i will upload it…
if i dont ill try recompiling it… :smiley:

all looks ok and yes the .exe is in that folder.

for some reason the x64 version doesn’t do the motion blur scene…
however the 32bit does it fine… not sure must be a bug?

when i try the motion blur scene with x64 it almost totally locks up PC. :smiley:
32bit runs pretty fast. weird…

@Joel, thanks for the explanations :slight_smile:
@holyenigma, can you upload the 32 bit version too please ? I think it uses mostly the SSE 1-4 registers, so 32 or 64 bits makes little difference, all is highly parallel and 128/256/512 bit in those register whatever build you use. The only difference should be the usable memory (2GB limit I guess for the 32 bit version.)

here is 32bit…

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Hi, after much trial and error I finally got Corona to render my scene in Blender. However I am having some problems with the camera.

I need to set the focal length to an extremely low amount to get a correct-looking FOV. Also it renders upside-down, I even got it to render sideways by fiddling with the FOV-settings a bit xP

Thanks for the exporter though, I hope that you are still planning to improve it further :slight_smile:

Yeah, the camera export is pretty defunkt. I need to take a look at elindell’s code again, he may have been using a much more predictable solution for that. I’m not a whiz at vector and matrix math, so if you know of anyone who wants to help out with that, I’d be much obliged :slight_smile:

Also, I need to talk to Rawalanche on the corona render forum about settings. A lot of those settings aren’t documented (at least not in terms of conversion between applications) so it’s hard to know how to compute certain properties (like f-stop, FOV, etc) from Blender’s data to something that Corona expects in order to spit out a similar-looking render.

At the moment, I’m trudging my way through learning Maya, so I’m not able to spend as much time developing scripts.

I understand, I am actually in the progress of learning Maya as well (as I’ve been in the last 2 years) :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately I don’t really know anyone who can help, I’ve taken a look at the code myself but I don’t understand squat.

Returning to elindell’s original exporter, I’ve tweaked mine to include his camera export code. I was way over-thinking it. Cameras should work more-or-less correctly. I still don’t know how to calculate the roll (essentially, the local Z axis rotation of the camera), so that’s still a limitation. A generic camera roll is hard-coded, but as long as you’re not spinning the camera around its Z axis in a spiral you should be good :slight_smile:

Thanks again, elindell.

Go get it! https://bitbucket.org/ohsnapitsjoel/render_corona

Please report bugs and issues to the tracker.

Haha, I just noticed a bug. I tweaked the obj export to use -Z forward, Y up, and now the environment textures are positioned oddly. I don’t know that there’s an easy way to change that, and the positioning can’t be altered in the configuration file.

I’ll look into it…

Edit: NEVER MIND. Fixed in v 0.4.