2005 Ford GT40

@ShadowCamero: Thanks a lot! I updated the last post with the final third render. :slight_smile:

The blue color looks really nice, as does your recent improvements… What kind of rims are you going to do?

@harleynut97: Thank you! :slight_smile: I’m not exactly sure yet, maybe some ten-spoke ones :slight_smile:

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. That blue paint job looks wicked! Everything flows really nicely–the modeling and EVERYTHING. Those tires look really nice too–I bet they’re placeholders but still–they look concept/prototype.

Thanks coolfield7! :smiley:

So, my new monitor arrived last weekend, and on the same day, my mouse died. Well, my mouse has arrived today, so now I can continue with this. I haven’t touched this project in about two weeks, so it’s time to get back at it. I’ll have some updates coming very soon, sorry for the delay, as you can probably figure, I didn’t even want to look at a friggin’ computer in the last two weeks. :slight_smile:

OK, finally got some work done!
Made some mock-up wheels, but I think I’ll keep working on them and keep them.
To-do list:
-Door windows and trim
-Windshield wipers
-Door handles
-Lower door trim
-Upper brake light
-Brake calipers
-Basic interior
-Close the wheel wells

Anyway, it’s got some wheels on it, so it’s almost looking like a car now :slight_smile:

looks pretty legit, so realistic it makes me want to hear what its engine sounds like :stuck_out_tongue:

The latest changes look quite nice. I’m wondering about the specularity on the car tires… may be just a touch too high. I heard yesterday, even certain model years of this car are being recalled for airbag issues. :slight_smile:

@harleynut97: Thanks! I’m pretty sure all materials will change, depending on what environment I decide to use. :slight_smile: As for the airbags, not sure they’ll help much anyway if you are going 200+ mph :smiley:

@Universal Poetry: Thank you very much! :smiley:

Not much of an update, spent some time yesterday cleaning a few things up. Tires are just normal mapped for the time being. BI render:

Attachments

Looking good as usual, but it looks like the Goodyear logo on the tires is a little blurry, especially towards the bottom of the text.
Those are some DEEP rims, especially for the front, but it actually looks pretty nice!
More, more! :stuck_out_tongue:

@sdighe: Thanks a lot! :slight_smile: Yeah the logo is a bit funky, I think I moved something at the last second :stuck_out_tongue: Rims are still very much a WIP, and you are right about the front one, it’s a bit much :smiley: Finishing up the door window tonight, and some other stuff, I’m ready to wrap this thing up in a day or two :slight_smile:

mmm. Looking good! I would like to see more of it. :slight_smile:

Thanks IconW! :smiley:
I changed the tire and the rim, and re-rendered:

Good change you made on rims Vicky. I curious on the stripe running down hood… Is that how the stripes were on the original car or is that a Vicky modification :slight_smile: I’m referring to that part that jets out toward the drivers side headlight.

So nice. Loving the color scheme on the rims. Now hurry with the interior!

@IconW: Thank you! :smiley:

@harleynut97: It’s not actually going towards the headlight, it goes straight down. Our “project from view” works perfectly here.

There are some with solid colors, as well as one solid stripe instead of two. Makes it interesting :smiley:

Small update again, made the calipers and installed the door windows.

Attachments

Quick Christmas render, fixed some issues. Happy Holidays everyone! :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas Vicky!