2005 Ford GT40

I second that. Everything looks super crisp and nice. I love it!

@sdighe and Goldenfrog: You guys just gave me a boost of motivation, thank you! :smiley:

EDIT: Thank you too SpectreCat! Sorry, I seemed to have missed your comment :slight_smile:

The rear end is really coming out nice Vicky…and who doesn’t like a nice rear end :slight_smile:

I’ll have to go back to some reference images and look at how the bumper looked on the car.

@harleynut97: Thank you! I love a nice rear end! :smiley:
Original bumper:

Here’s the “bumper delete” which I have here:

Basically, the exhaust pipes are shortened a bit and raised(and of course, the bumper removed).

Here’s a little bit of progress, made the side views, and UV mapped the headlight thingy :slight_smile:

Reaalll nice! such a sexy car.

Well done @VickyM72…love the crisp and well defined lines [standing ovation round of applause]

@tommy1441: Haha! Thanks! Great gif! :smiley:

Here’s tonight’s progress so far, been working on little things here and there. Right now I’m working on the mesh parts in the grill and bumper delete, and the fog lights. I also want to finish the upper deck of the hood so I can make some windshield wipers and the part they go in(and of course then I can install a windshield). I might then take a short break and make some wheels :slight_smile:

You’ve shown a lot of different color schemes so far…which one are you leaning towards?

@harleynut97: I’m trying a yellow next, but I really like the tan and blue. :smiley:

Another shot from the back:

Nice model! sorry I didn’t comment earlier. can’t wait to see more.
Where are those wonderful wheels from post #1? :stuck_out_tongue:

Very cool Vicky. You should be proud of your progress…cars aren’t easy. I have tried a few in my day as well but they have never been finished or seen the light of day:) Great looking test renders…so far I love all of the color schemes you have made but I have always loved electric blue with white stripes or white with blue stripes:) Call me old fashion! Keep it up cant wait to see more.

@ctdabomb: Thank you! Are you making fun of my wheels? Haha! :stuck_out_tongue: I appreciate you stopping by! :slight_smile:

@DerekG1080: Thanks! A car is indeed quite the challenge, but I’m having a lot of fun. Triangles, Ngons, Inset, Smooth Vertex and Snap to Active Element have been life savers :smiley: Still not sure about the color, but I’m pretty sure it won’t be blue, as a lot of my reference images are that color, and I’m kind of tired of seeing it LOL!

Worked a bit on the mesh, finished applying it to the rear. The mesh was done with a subsurfaced honeycomb in Blender

I didn’t bother to check if it is this way on the car, but maybe give it a bit of depth? It looks a bit flat atm. but I bet you were going to do that anyway.

I don’t know, as soon as I saw them I felt the need to make a bad joke about them…

1+

There was one area that looked a bit sketchy to me though.

That triangle doesn’t seem to have a reason to be there. It looks like it just creates a triangle to stop the edge loop with an n-gon.

I’m really liking the results here. For some reason they just look cleaner than a lot of car models I’ve seen (no offence to you car modellers).

@ctdabomb: Yep, all over it like a fat girl on a marble! :slight_smile:

@TARDIS Maker: Thank you! :slight_smile: That area in question is not actually a triangle, there’s a sharp line that goes there and fades out to the rear end(the part you circled is where it fades out). I will investigate, but right now it’s not causing a problem:

OK, I see now, the edges are so close that it looks like a triangle. If it was a problem I think you would have taken care of it, by now. It just looked a suspicious compared to some of the other triangles I’ve seen in the wires.

@TARDIS Maker: Yeah, that was an area of concern for sure, trying to figure out how to crease that faint line across the wheel well, then fade it out…among the other crazy lines this car has :smiley: Good eye! :slight_smile:

So, last time I spoke to you all, MY FRICKIN’ MONITOR DIED. This is the first time since then that I have had a chance to look at this thing(or anything else for that matter), thanks to my neighbor who let me borrow his monitor until my new one arrives. I’m going to do a quick front and rear render of this just to see where I left off, so two more renders to come. Here’s the side as it sits now, I believe I was reworking the rear end last week, so forgive the small side markers, etc…

EDIT:

Wow, that is sick…in a good way! :yes: