Zombies Ate My Ice Cream (Official Game Thread)

I was having issues logging in yesterday so here’s Video Monday’s video on Tuesday!

Here is a time-lapse of creating collectible money.

Thanks!! :slight_smile:

should be a very sweet game… but one thing, your title name… zombies ate my ice cream. the fonts are not complementing (or not matching) each other… especially the ‘ice cream’ font. and the color should not be just white and pink. try several bright colors mix.

Thanks for the tip.

Time-lapse of creating a sewer alligator in Krita. Rigging video coming later this week.

Rigging a 2D alligator. Now including a new intro made in Blender.

Just an FYI you could save yourself alot of time when you’re creating geometry to apply your layers to by using the “image as planes” addon in conjunction with GIMPS “export as layers” plugin (http://registry.gimp.org/node/28268).

Basically you are able to output layers separately, e.g. arms, head etc., then import the multiple layers at the same time with “image as planes”. No need to create geometry, uv unwrap, adjust material settings or any of that. This could really add up to a significant time savings on your project.

Great work! I can’t wait to see as it develops:)

Thanks for the tip. I’ll check it out.

We’ve had amazing support for the game without anyone really knowing what the game is.
Here is a game development trailer that features alpha game-play footage.
Thanks for watching!

WIP of the level select map

Here’s this weeks video!
Building a city part 01

COOL! I love it!

Thanks for sharing the process Moosefoo!! Amazing art and promotional arts!!

Thanks for the comments @coche & @blenderjunkie.
Today on video Monday! Creating attachable sprites for rigged characters (Part 01). Join us next week for the final part of sprite attachments.
<span class=“userContent”>

Are there any requests for tomorrow’s video?

Part 2 of making a city. This video covers texturing. Part 3 shows you how I put it all together.

I’ve created a list of budget friendly software to help with your game or animation. I use some of these including, of course, Blender.
http://www.zombiesatemyicecream.com/blog/how-to-make-a-game-on-a-budget

Using my new technique for adding assets I created new guns for shooting ice cream that can add straight on to the main character.