yafaray tests

Model byKuhnIndustries
Direct Lighting + AO+world texture light.
Rendertime 5m35sec.

Second image, different world texture, less AO samples and AA samples.
Rendertime 1m53sec.

Attachments

@JuhaW: Do you have Yafaray working on the latest Blender? I haven’t kept up to date, but last I checked it no longer worked.

Hon I’m not @ juhaW but can I answer that. Since I know so little I like to show off. YafaRay doesn’t work at all in 2.72. And, on my machine 2.69 was the last version it worked properly in. Which happens to be the version I will be working in for another year probably so no problems here. Some really nice renders in this thread.

a small detail…

The logo is from YafaRay ( i need change or remove) but really, the image is made with TheBounty, the fork of YafaRay project :slight_smile:
And yes, this fork its working on the last Blender release ( also, with the ‘daily’ builds from developer page).
Greetings…

I think Darktide build works with Blender 2.72, from this Yafaray thread.
I use Bounty fork, exporter version Rc3.

@JuhaW: Thanks, unfortunately it doesn’t work here :frowning:

@theoldghost: Thank you too, I have it in a 2.70 version, I guess I’ll have to stick with that. :slight_smile:

What a shame

YafaRay now has a download which works in 2.72 and beyond. However, for me it’s way slower then using 2.69 and that version. But, it does seem to have a little more resolution with the same settings. But, just a subjective call there.