yafaray tests

LOL They are huge. Jackson Pollock could have hung in my gallery. Our motto: If you can create it we can hang the bitch.

I downloaded your blend file but got only the structure? I was going to play with direct lighting.

Are any of you having trouble with uploads not even looking remotely like they do on your desktop. As if the S- curve isn’t even in the loop. I’m going to throw in a Dropbox link and see if the problem still exist. I know it doesn’t on Vimeo since I calibrated my monitor just several weeks ago. Of course on Dropbox the resolution sucks if not downloaded. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81075043/50%%20%20untitled.png

@theoldghost: Your picture looks fine to me :smiley:

@f3l1x: Fix your file and upload it again, all we have is a house in the middle on nowhere, and not even the same one in your last scene. Your file is way too big for what is there, and I want to get to the bottom of this.

Started a render test last night as I went to bed. Expected it to be done, but nope :wink: 9hr time

@PaulTron: Ray Depth of 16 is certainly going to slow you down, as well as the caustic photons. If you don’t need caustics, turn them as far down as they go. Also, most Yaf renders I have seen, Transparent shadows is turned on(which also enables the Shadow Depth, and both Ray Depth and Shadow Depth are usually the same numbers. The Gamma is normally 2.2 for both as well. The Diffuse Photons settings need to be worked on too, but YafaRay has a great PDF on their site will all of this info :slight_smile:

If you have Colour Management turned on Gamma should be 1.

@VickyM72: Thanks, but I prefer the higher numbers for the look, I don’t have a good enough rig to get good quality(which is first in my list), AND quicker times.

@organic: Got it, thanks :slight_smile:

@PaulTron: I know the feeling! :slight_smile: Good quality should always be first on the list, and I would never give someone settings that would speed up their render, yet look like crap in the end :stuck_out_tongue: I’m just going on what I have seen in other Yaf files and settings I have seen(and used), and some really amazing pieces have had ray/shadow depth at a lot lower than 16. Organic knows more about this program than I do. Your diffuse photons are still way too low, and if you don’t need caustics, kill 'em :smiley:

@VickyM72: Didn’t mean to sound snobby if it came out that way, sorry! :slight_smile: The pirate was mostly a test anyways(notice the tile size is 8, also the dimesnions are something like 8000x4000, whew)

I prefer the higher bounces because it provides more global illumination/color leak or whatever it’s called.(sometimes I even have it at 32)
I loooove caustics, In the pirate I didn’t need them but I usually have some refraction going on.
I usually throw about 8,000,000 each diffuse and caustic photons on an important scene.

I also usually write my images to .EXR format for processing in photoshop,
And I get motion blur using After Effects, an effect called Pixel Motion Blur.

@PaulTron: No worries! :smiley:

the problem with the blend file i think is that i hid a lot of the objects from the 3d view for faster editing, they should appear in the render. i cant check the blend right now because i have very limited internet access :frowning:

Yafaray Direct Lighting with Ambient Occlusion.
Passes: 20
Lights: Sun
Render time 6m20s.

Attachments

looks good. has a soft glow or bloom type effect, not sure if it’s on purpose. It seems out of place though. unless this is silent hill:convention :slight_smile:

Thanks. It is called Glow and he is from Paint.net land:)

Yafaray Photon Spamming.
Rendertime 4m15sec, 5 passes.

Modeler: ctdabomb

Attachments

that is really cool kramon. is it ok if i use that as a wallpaper? :slight_smile:

anyway, my latest project, its certanly not finished and the render is definitely low-quality, but i like it so far:

its mostly old stuff put together, i already had the monkey (my stuffed animal “frodey”) and the guitar and the speaker. orignally i was going to do it in cycles, and it did look pretty awesome, but it was soooo slow… and yafaray was so much faster :slight_smile:
i dunno where the black pixels on the mast and speaker are coming from, but it might be because i only have 1 antialias pass
.blend: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/28470

@juhaw: nice car! and very fast render :wink:

EDIT: and i know the boom on the boat is missing (and a lot of other stuff too!) but i have to re-render it…

Yafaray SPPM.
Rendertime 6min31sec.

Attachments

Yafaray Direct Lighting.
Render time: 03m03sec

Last image render time 1m00sec.

Attachments

Yafaray Direct Lighting.

Attachments