xrg's sketchbook

Comic page was from a forum game. It works sort of like that game telephone. Basically a person does a comic page and PM’s the next person in the list and they do a page and PM it to the next person. Each person only gets to see the one page prior to theirs. By the end the whole thing is posted, and makes no sense with characters forgotten and all sorts of funny stuff.

The rest is stuff from Concept Cookie. The monster thing was for an Eat Sheep contest, but I didn’t like it enough to submit it.

PS - Comic is MyPaint/GIMP/Inkscape; The Paramore girl is Krita; Eat Sheep Monster is Mypaint/Krita. Open Source software for teh win.

wow, I love the lighting of the painting of the girl, it’s great!
p.s. I started try to use Mypaint this week, it works good! Specially for line drawing(for me, I m using a very old version photoshop cs2…:frowning: )

I love th elighting on the girl - the hair and the face are just so close to real paint it is crazy

That girl is the singer from the band Paramore. I didn’t even know who she was until she accidentally posted her boobies on Twitter. I’m a fan of girls that do that. It makes the world a better place really. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s another MyPaint monster.

Edit: I just noticed I paint curled ram horns a lot. I need to work on my visual library perhaps.

:pfunny idea~ eyecatching underwear~~ lol

Thanks, don’t know why I threw underwear on him. :stuck_out_tongue:

Some animated sprites from my short-lived RPG Maker dayz.

http://i.imgur.com/oGgDitA.gif

http://i.imgur.com/bResR9H.gif

http://i.imgur.com/I6DAKde.gif

Moar.

Top was an ending screen that I don’t think was ever used. Second one was an obnoxious signature I used on forums, heh.

Oh, god, rpgmaker. I still have a lisence for vxace that I never used because of the stupid mapping-system bullshit. Pity, because once you get into the code it’s a very flexible system.

Those sprites look cute, though their animation is a little bumpy. EDIT: Nvm, that was my poor internet. They’re just cute and smooth on normal internet :wink:

I love these!

Thanks!

@Therahedwig: I never used VXAce, but used all the ones prior back to the RPG Maker 2000. VX had pretty crippled mapping. XP had probably the most advanced, but it was missing overworld functionality. That’s the thing that really blows about RPG Maker; each version sort of has it’s own unique set of features, so there never is a clear best version.

MyPaint doodles.
zoo.jpe (388 KB)

Hey I like those 60’s-70’s style girl heads bottom left… for some reason I always find that apealing ;p

Everything is great, but you forgot to post the link to that rmn comic :slight_smile:

I don’t even know if the comic ever finished. I quit going there years ago :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit : Yeah it never finished. My username there is statistic

Here is the first one we did. I did page 4:

Being the kind of person that can have the same sort of discussion with his friends as the plot of the comic, and for minutes at a time, I must congratulate you on this. One of the most epically random things I’ve ever read!

An epic thread.
I became a fan now.

Cool comic pages xrg! more pls ^ _ ^

@xrg
Nice i really like your draw and paint style i hope i can paint like you soon… i’m not so good at painting i’m an addict to line work

Thanks guys, I’ve been too busy to update lately. I did the shape challenge on Concept Cookie. Done with Krita.

1 Like

I have decided it is not just your painting, but your choice of color that is inspiring. The colors you choose lend to a very unique signature, I think I might recognize your art just from the color palette, like recognizing a guitarist from the tone of their guitar. Very cool images form the shapes :smiley:

Heh, thanks. I actually never feel like I have much of a style, since I dabble in so much random stuff (Anime, Western Comic-Book, etc). I’ve heard a lot of people feel that way about their own stuff though.

For some reason BA’s uploader desaturated that one slightly. It’s a bit more vibrant at Concept Cookie. Not sure what is up with that, but BA does it to me a lot.