xrg's sketchbook

Updating with a MSPaint doodlesheet.

http://i.imgur.com/PyIXjmo.png

Sci-fi containers and a vending machine for absolutely no reason.

I’m not really happy with this one, but just realized I never posted it.

10 chars

Dude stop been a masochistic, mspaint. Is the last post from MyPaint.

Yeah, last three are MyPaint.

As crappy as MSPaint is, it actually surprised me what it does now. I didn’t know it had brushes and things. Last time I used it, it was basically a pixel editor. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have to say I love your work here, and the 3d stuff you have done as well - this thread is inspiring, and got me off my duff again :smiley:

xrg, excellent work, like the megaman with optimus prime, really cool stuff :). Maybe in the far, far future I could enlist your help. I like your characters faces.

Take care, I look forward to seeing more of your art.

Thanks guys!

Here are a few more oldies just for an update. Hopefully I’ll have a chance to do some new semi-finished stuff soon. I have had an urge to do some environments/landscapes lately, just been too busy with other junk. :confused:

mmm
I missed this thread.
It’s not about the style,
You’re a talented artist.
Keep posting.
I love them.

Thanks michalis, coming from you that means a lot!

haha! That bust reminds me of michalis dyntopo works, with the square brush edges and shadows :smiley: Awesome!

It’s from a reference, but I forget what the sculpture is. I got it from a CGTalk thread several years ago.

Edit: btw thanks for the stars whoever did that! (I never have figured out how that system works)

he, on the top of the thread at the right is a rate this thread, and you can choose how you rate it. closest we have to +1 or like buttons

You got a lot of *5, one *5vote is not enough.

Ah, I guess that makes sense, otherwise one person could just rate every thread 5 stars. :smiley:

I already tried, but it only lets me vote once per thread ;D

Appreciate it man. I voted your thread 5-stahz a few days ago; looks like you got them.

One of the first things I ever tried (and failed) to model in Blender is that CRT-Head robot guy. I’ve been drawing variations of that thing since High School and always feel like the idea is there but I’m not executing it right. So iterate the design every time I draw him.

I might do up some model sheets with a new design and give modeling him another go. Specially considering I’d have no problems modeling it now. I think animating his face expressions (various text smileys) would be a good excuse to play with that UV offset modifier.

Yes, that little guy needs to be modeled :smiley:

Keep posting. Beautiful and inspiring.