xrg's 3D sketchbook (low-poly is best poly)

I appreciate the video - the use of the 3d cursor is something I just got used to, never thought anything about it. Don’t worry about the editing - you go the point across and displayed the function very well

Good work (especially that little guy and the tree). Good video (i just learned some tricks). looking for more stuff :smiley:

learned some tricks too,great vid.

Little thing I did for a video demo. Raw video without sound is here. I keep forgetting to pick up a microphone to finish it.

Thanks a lot for sharing your technique,sensei!:eyebrowlift:
You have customized blender with your own icons?
That looks great!

A huge thanks for he vidéo xrg, you’ve made my day !!! That’s really impressive how the transition between UV and 3d view is smooth and simple.
Keep up the good work, I love your universe !:slight_smile:

(I’m just wondering if the color manager in the tool bar is an add-on ?)

Thanks guys!

If you mean the color picker you can change that in the user preferences. Screenshot

This is my sword. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

;)I like those litlle videos!Very instructive.
I don’t know if you 've tried freestyle: with your drawing talent, the result wood be awesome for sure!

Dude, you are really nailing it! Great work! You might not be intending to do so but this is great promo material for Blender. I couldnt believe you were pulling this hand painted texture work out of blender until you showed it off. =) Please dont stop sharing.

SaintHaven has a good point - your videos are actually great Blender advertising fodder. Especially for the indie game crowd and kids who grow up wanting to make the next World of Warcraft :wink:

You could take quite a bit of credit considering I probably wouldn’t have made a single one without your weekly reminders. :evilgrin:

Funny thing is, I’m doing them for totally selfish reasons. I’m both trying to improve my video editing skills and blatantly using them as attention-getters to get my feedback heard.

It’s good that they seem to be inspiring and helping people though. I think Texture Paint is one of those areas of Blender that has been stuck in a catch-22. Since nobody uses it, there isn’t much pressure to develop it. Since there isn’t much development, nobody uses it. If more people start using it, perhaps more pressure to develop it will occur.

It’s good that they seem to be inspiring and helping people though. I think Texture Paint is one of those areas of Blender that has been stuck in a catch-22. Since nobody uses it, there isn’t much pressure to develop it. Since there isn’t much development, nobody uses it. If more people start using it, perhaps more pressure to develop it will occur.

Exact;y. And thanks to the videos you have made, people are finally starting to get excited about painting in Blender. All I can say is thank you :smiley:

Should toss some of these up on Polycount. I know there will be quite a few devs that will go “wait what? Blender does this too? Ok I have to check it out now.” =)

btw just noticed BlenderCookie plugged your 3d cursor video on their FB.

Wow! Beautiful work! I love modeling low poly …good textures to models! :slight_smile:
I continue to follow…

@Ace00 : Thanks :slight_smile:

I posted the sword one in the low-poly thread over there. Analytics for that video in particular are weird. It’s apparently on some French Maya sites and stuff, lol.

Here is a head sculpt – too lazy to setup materials and render proper. I was planning on testing the gravity brush settings, but I couldn’t really find a use for it. I’m thinking maybe some clothing wrinkles might be good test for it, so maybe I’ll try something along those lines some other time. I should sculpt more often than I do anyway.

For sure. You have a good eye for color and form. Mixing that with some high poly sculpting can only result in some nice eye candy. Do you own any commercial licenses or do you stick primarily with Open Source apps?

I do on the 2D side. Photoshop CS4, Sketchbook Pro, Paintool SAI. I should have an old version of Corel Painter somewhere. For 3D I only use Blender though.

Thats good. Have you entertained the thought of giving Zbrush a go? Out of all the commercial software I have purchased at one point or another, Zbrush is that one app that has paid for itself 10 times over and just keeps getting better (with no upgrade cost).

Btw, looks like your painting vid got someone back into Blender over on the Polycount Forum.
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72805&page=54

That’s a nice, well executed sculpting.
Very nice indeed.

@SaintHaven, you became a little predictable,