Wokjow's Sketchbook (Nudity) UPDATED 08/12/2016

Wow, very impressive!

Quite a lot of nice work here wokjow! Really like #4 and #18, and am still chuckling at #12 :slight_smile:

Hah, that squid one is funny. I really need to get back to traditional media, ever use derwent WC or aquatints? They are quite nice. But I’m becoming a derwent whore, I love their drawing pencils too.

Cheers :slight_smile: I’ve used a variety of brands but yes I’ve definitely used derwent WC and their aquarels, still have the same box for 5 years. Will pretty much use anything I get my hands on but my favourite is pencil or charcoal work
 there I have the most control.

Wow, very impressive!

Much obliged! :slight_smile:

Quite a lot of nice work here wokjow! Really like #4 and #18, and am still chuckling at #12 :slight_smile:

Thank you Dreif :slight_smile: I figured if famous dictators could hang out with each other they’d probably have a lot in common!

I like your girlfriend portrait
It looks very close to serious sketch
but in your portfolio are some low level works

I like your girlfriend portrait
It looks very close to serious sketch
but in your portfolio are some low level works

Thank you.

absolute incredible, i gave up practical art to do 3d art but im thinking of going back to classic art =)

absolute incredible, i gave up practical art to do 3d art but im thinking of going back to classic art =)

Thank you very much! I also miss it, have not really done a proper piece in ages :slight_smile:

Awesome pieces man! I particularly love the Toxic Lady (the first one) and the Techno Samurai, but all the others are equally cool!
Do you have any advice for a fellow dude that isn’t bad for starter but not as good (like me)? :slight_smile:

Awesome pieces man! I particularly love the Toxic Lady (the first one) and the Techno Samurai, but all the others are equally cool!
Do you have any advice for a fellow dude that isn’t bad for starter but not as good (like me)?

Wow thanks very much! :slight_smile: As for advice, I’d say try and find something to draw that you’re particularly fascinated with. When I was in highschool I think the only thing that kept me drawing was my obsession with the female form :eyebrowlift2: If you plan to draw people, learn from observation, anatomy books like loomis are good but they tend to make you’re work very generic of traditional concept art. Draw REAL people because it teaches you to develop a mental library of references that you can stash away and call on when you draw from imagination. Also draw ugly people. Conventionally old, ugly and unusual people make the best subjects because they have more to offer visually and you will learn more about different skintypes and wrinkles etc. Lastly, use you’re knowledge of 3d in your traditional work. You have the benefit of knowing the principles behind lighting and materials, for example knowing what SSS does to human skin in 3D is a massive boon for a portrait artist working traditionally.

Sorry if that was a large post, I was kinda getting into it :slight_smile: hope it helps and good luck.

Those are very good advices! Thank you, I’ll keep then in mind for future works! :yes:

Wow, great work, very creative! :yes:

I love the one with ol’ Robert XD

Quality work in there sir, i’m loving the sketches.

Getting back to it
some arbitrary concept sketches, more to come.

and again.

Some gloopy character design. Entitled “Snowman”

I love the last sketch super stuff bro.

I love the last sketch super stuff bro.

Thank you very much:) I’m trying my hand at more abstracted, gloop art.

A different version of the above image

An almost final:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]190004[/ATTACH]