WIP projects

o_o nice you progress on you project :slight_smile:

:eek: … :eek: … :eek: …

Wow. Hats off to you. Three times.

P.S.: “What’s causing that graininess in the middle of the sockets?” Who the heck cares. Maybe they are, y’know, a little bit dirty or something. The only folks who’d be grabbing for a magnifying glass would be, umm, Blender artists. :wink:

Maybe you figured it out already but if the grain isn’t caused by low rayshadow samples then it’s probably due to low AO samples.

Here:

Very nice images you’ve got there too. If you’d composite the phone a bit and make the screen glow very slightly it might look better. Other than that it’s great.

Sorry for the lack of response. Been away for a while.

Bizla > thanks! My kid can play with it without me worrying about him breaking it. :smiley:

Symphony > thanks! Not done with it yet. Trying out some animation right now.

Sundial > he he I’d like it to look great so hopefully my new model won’t be grainy. ^^

Ben > thanks! I’ll make sure to try that next time. I’m trying to create a sorta parody-type commercial of this phone so I have to learn about compositing. Tutorials, here I come to watch! :slight_smile:

Basic camera movements.

Text to add (any comment/help is appreciated):
front shot: floating text indicating “height: 113mm” and “width: 48mm”
side shot: same but with “depth: 22mm”
next: “84x48px MONOCHROME DISPLAY”
next: “35 ringtones”
next: “Rubber switch to power off” (lame I know, but hey!)
next: “AC adapter socket”
back to full front :slight_smile: , little camera shake as phone hits the background and breaks it. “N3310 - UNBREAKABLE”

Ya know. :wink:

I don’t know what last shot doesn’t last longer. I moved keyframes around but they don’t get rendered out…

I might redo it all actually cos I actually scale/moved/rotated the phone rather than animating the camera. :eyebrowlift2:

Thanks for watching!

:eek:
=) ) cool animation! it just need a cool soundTrack to put more atmosphere !!!
else good work!

how about the classic nokia ringtone ;D

Symphony > thanks! Yeah, hopefully I’ll come up with something to make it more appealing.

bizla > yes! I have an idea of when to use it. I just need to learn more about Blender b4 I can attempt.

And here’s a little something I started working on. I had a NES pad as my background for ages and I finally got to give it a try.

Very WIP but basing shape’s there:

ps: no, I didn’t start modelling it after seeing a NES pad featured on blendernation.com! :smiley:

hihi !!! i had one!

Updates! Just need to add the cable and make a few minor changes to lighting and I’ll call it done. What do you think?

ps: totally in love with Cycles!

This looks awesome!

Only crit is that the wood material makes this controller look quite huge. Maybe scale that wood up a bit. :slight_smile:

Hey Ben. Couple of people told me the same think and yeah, you’re right.

Update:

Better? I think I’m done with this controller.

HHHHHHaaaaaaaaaa!!! cool
I saw it on the blenderNation banner!!! :slight_smile:

Me too, “nes-talga” :stuck_out_tongue:
Nice work and congratulations!

he he Thanks guys.

Another viewing angle:

and today’s prop to better understand arrays with curves and lattice modifier.

Time to update!

Speed modelling challenge over at 3dtotal.com.
Modelling: 120min
Shading/texturing: over an hour
Blender 2.63+Cycles

Granted it’s not finished but I’ll leave as is cos I could not get more done within allowed time limit.

You’ve got some amazing modeling here. Your last render looks great, are you going to texture the ovens and floor and such?

Thanks Owldude! Not sure about “amazing” cos models are quite simple but I’m having lotsa fun making them and I’m learning loads as I go!

As for the sushi shop model I won’t going to texture it, at least not now. It was done for a 2h contest and will leave it like that, unless I change my mind later of course.

Thanks for your comment.

Hey guys,

got one more speed modeling challenge done, hope you like it.

Thanks for viewing!

Oooh, epic. =) When I have time I’ll see if I can model something like that in 90 min. (doubtful though)

I’m sure you can if you keep up at it. Just model simple objects to master one or more tools each time. Then remodel it a couple of times if you can / hae time until you “feel” how you should go about modelling it.

I modelled the bottom wheel in above image 4 times and I’m probably 3 times faster now.
Tedious but rewarding!

Happy panelling. :wink: