What's your OpenGL version?

Silly isn’t it ! Do you really believe things like that ?

Given all this hate here, yes i do :slight_smile:

Or some of the 4.5 votes may also coming from folks who wants to make the decision of Tiles look right !!

Indeed. Or even that.

I did no decision, i had an opinion. Which turned out to be wrong, since i thought it’s about the maximum requirements. Something that can happen, and i am happy to be corrected. I’m no almighty god and know ways not everything.

renderer: ‘GeForce GTX 760/PCIe/SSE2’
vendor: ‘NVIDIA Corporation’
version: ‘4.4.0’

As long as things gets cooler and faster, I don’t mind being updated.

on linux i have only opengl 3.0 with the current mesa version and drivers, but it says that my graphic card (intel hd 4600) supports opengl4.0

I’m getting curious about those users who run Blender and have 2.0 or below.
Its kinda hard for me to imagine, to love blender on one side but to stick to systems that are decades ‘old’.
Then there isn’t not much fun in using blender, most simulations or renderings would take you hours.
And if all you wanted to do is mesh editing/texturing, then why upgrade blender ?

Maybe one could run a software 2.1 opengl emulation driver on older hardware.
Or buy the cheapest current graphic card around for 15$ to 20$ dollar or so as it most likely will support it.
Maybe even one could ask around friends, if they have graphic cards left over, especially gamers tend to update them frequently.

BTW if your using such an old system and also still running Windows XP
Be (extreme) carefull with conecting it to the internet, XP is unsafe and easily remotely hackable.
Go to Win7 or to Linux (Mint/redhat/.etc…/… ), “XP is kinda over” (and its slower then win 7).

version: ‘4.5.0 NVIDIA 347.09’
GeForce GTX 760 4GB

The categories with regards to OpenGL 3.x could be split out better.
OpenGL 3.2 is a real feature level as a result of the introduction of the core context and Apple’s policies.
3.0 and 3.1 are not going to be a requirement.

it is 1.4+ or 2.1 or 3.2 and up. the categories as they are now do not tell us anything about how many people have 3.2 and up. And for using exiting new features on Apple OS X we kind of would need to know how many people would be capable of running blender with an opengl core context ( implies 3.2 and up )

GeForce GTX TITAN Black/PCIe/SSE2
‘NVIDIA Corporation’
4.5.0 NVIDIA 347.09.

Win 8.1 64bit.

renderer: ‘GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2’

I can tell you that right now: Nobody is at a hardware feature level of 3.2, it’s either 3.3 or 3.1 or 3.0. Mesa (Noveau) is at 3.0, a couple of Intel are at 3.1 and Apple is at 3.3 minimum across the board. If you’re running 3.2 right now, your drivers are extremely outdated*. Outdated drivers are going to be distorting the results a bit. FOSS drivers also lag behind hardware caps. For reference: http://opengl.delphigl.de/

*Technically if you run Mac OS 10.8 or earlier, you’re stuck at 3.2 even though the hardware can do 3.3. Given that I already messed up Mac OS reporting by not immediately telling people to use the Apple table instead of Blender, it won’t make the results much worse either.

I’m getting curious about those users who run Blender and have 2.0 or below.

It’s the dev :stuck_out_tongue:

version: '4.5.0 NVIDIA

Hi Guy’s
Glad To Participate.

Heres my version.
OpenGL:
renderer: ‘GeForce GTX 650/PCIe/SSE2’

Running on:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

CPU:
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology.

RAM:
16GB.

Cheers
mark117h

Hi guys. Laptop with intel on board express chipset family support OpenGL API or no?

Depends on which chipset.

version: ‘4.4.0 NVIDIA 344.65’

I am using a GTX 480 on W7 x64.

Not exactly minimal hardware, but not top-end for quite some time.

I would guess that if this forum/poll has any bias, it would be towards newer/better hardware. But, it’s clear that the majority (not just the plurality) is on current hardware.

renderer: ‘Gallium 0.4 on AMD BARTS’
vendor: ‘X.Org
version: ‘3.0 Mesa 10.3.0’

Personally I think it’s safe to assume that most people have OpenGL >= 3.0 nowadays. Unless they’re using an ancient video card… but these are usually cheap so it’s hard to think why anyone would, unless it’s a laptop where the GPU is integrated.

Mac User Here
I already voted, did not see the attention:

renderer: ‘AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D500 OpenGL Engine’
vendor: ‘ATI Technologies Inc.’
version: ‘2.1 ATI-1.28.29’

This guide can help mac users to figure OpenGL on Mavericks & Yosemite

Mine is 4.1 not 2.1

On this current win7 machine I use

renderer: ‘GeForce GTX 460/PCIe/SSE2’

All my machines have 4.5 now in win/linux with nvidia cards. And I don’t mind investing in better hardware if it brings new/better “realtime” features to my creativity but as of now I´m good running Blender, Maya and Houdini. OpenGL 3.0 seems to be a suggested minimum requirement for 2.8 http://code.blender.org/index.php/2013/06/blender-roadmap-2-7-2-8-and-beyond/

on win7, 4.5 for me too…

OpenGL

renderer: ‘Intel® HD Graphics 4000’
vendor: ‘Intel’
version: ‘4.0.0 - Build 10.18.10.3345’

Welll, It’s a Laptop