We all need a common direction

never mind:)

Hey capt. Been busy the last few days. But I will work on a few more songs for you. I’ll post the links here when I am done. I haven’t forgotten about you.

I changed the sound to more of a darker feel. I imagined a smokey room with the moneys playing cards. If this isn’t it then I can try a few more. Just paint me a picture and i’ll see what else I can come up with.

https://soundcloud.com/ryan-ferguson-10/blendershort1-2

That’s very ominous almost evil, so definitely not that dark for this scene, I’m really thinking drums maybe. Something with more rhythm and something that could be in the background and not overpower the dialogue you know?

So I just managed to get my phone to work enough to get my old work off it. None of this stuff was final renders or anything just cell phone pictures of test renders, this is most of what i have left, I was never satisfied with anything, so I was constantly starting over. Here is just a few the mouse is recent but the rest is from last year.

Attachments

Here’s so more stuff. There’s still tons of characters but I’ll leave it at this for now, but i will try to get my first animation up here.

hey sounds really cool! I would love to take a part of the project. Though it has to be said that I´m not the most skilled artist here, but I´m very committed and spending a minimum 4 hours quality time with blender every day and always looking for experience.

If I were allowed to take part I would like to model, since that is what I´m doing most. I would probably be best if I modeled small objects in background and stuff like that witch isn’t in focus like characters and similar. I would also like to texture the objects I model.

How would you go about making a alpha channel in blender?A screenshot would be nice.

sorry 3d solar system but my knowledge of that was from my Maya days(only started blender 3 weeks ago), I have barely looked at texturing in blender yet. But i mean there’s no way to turn a grayscale into transparency? If your asking how to make the actual grayscale texture, I could give it a whirl but I don’t remember step by step how i’ve done it.

Hey cramer, do you have anything i can look at, so i can see what i should have you doing.

Here’s the current mesh I’m trying to make it more cartoony.cartoonmonkey.blend (1.94 MB)

Please check it out and let me know what direction u think we should go with it.

You made that wasp?? That’s great. Can you make a dung beetle??

could give it a try, do we have a concept artist? that makes things a lot easier.

No unfortunately we doth not. Butith if you start by using a real dung beetle as reference it’ll be pretty easy to get what we need.

should be fine, think it suits me pretty good. I´ll pm you when I have more info.

You could give him blue shorts,a black tshirt with pinguins on it and a afro.Just a suggestion.

That’s an aggressive suggestion.

But I’m gonna out on a limb here and say u haven’t looked at the script.

I have not.I will take a look at it.

Haha, busted. But besides jeans and an afro what do you think of the mesh? I know the topologys pretty rough in some places but for the overall design whats you opinion?

Looks pretty good.Looks like a black monkey though.