We all need a common direction

I haven’t a clue to what we’re doing yet. Whats the story/script, vision of this project. And sheesh I never even got my opinion out as to what we could go on lol. But okie dokie atleast let me know what the story is.

P.S. Some armour I just started working on :smiley:

Attachments

You showed me music tracks so I’m assumed you would wanted to do music. The final script is right here.Monkey Pooker.pdf (8.25 KB) If you read this thread and my last one “anyone want to make cartoons” you’ll get the gist of our goals here. Things are a little disorganized right ow cause I don’t have everyone organized but like i said script and storyboard are taken care and everything else starts Wednesday.

Ok i’ll check out the script. I do think we all should try to agree on a date and time in the coming week to do some kind of group chat. A conference would be a good way to throw a few Ideas around and get everyone on the same page.

Agreed we will do that soon enough but first we just need to figure out who everyone will include as there are many people missing right now. And if you could please refrain from quoting in your posts as that’s only going to add more clutter and is a personal pet peeve of mine. I don’t mean to be a dick or anything but I all my outside work over the weekends but I noticed most people seem to be most active here on the weekends so I keep coming in to make sure to answer everyone questions or concerns as communication is vital and one should always lead by example.

Here’s a crack at the music Captain. Take a listen https://soundcloud.com/ryan-ferguson-10/blendershort-smokeyhut

Imagine the camera low and pointed towards the ground a little. Going through grass and brush. Small bugs and a butterfly moving past the cameras view while it slowly raises up and zooms in on the hut. An animal, a squirral perhaps fiddles in the distance with a nut and takes off to wonder else where… or a rabbit :slight_smile: either or.

wow! :smiley:
i love the idea of collaborating and forming a mega network of artists…but sorry i cant promise anything right now, since i have a very unpredictable schedule.

i’d keep a close eye on u guys though :slight_smile: and maybe i’ll be able to contribute in some way later.
i’m also mostly a character modeler and animator with very poor texture-making skills…

Haha You know by some strange chance i actually looked at some of your stuff last night while i was procrastinating.
You do good work, I like your girl and your mermaid.
Were are really starting to pick up steam here but its gonna be really crazy for a while but we will be here. I hope you do help us soon, any committed help is great help.

Hey ryfer that was a good start for what we need, but in the smokey hut a raspy voiced monkey is smoking a cigar and your music was a bit to cheerful and mild for that. Add more zest to it maybe faster drums possible, something darker definitely but that’s a very good start and close to what i had in my head.

As for the opening, I want to keep this simple I mean if it so happens we can pull it off we definitely will try but the way things are right now that could take months for that single shot alone, but who knows right now.

Honestly I don’t want to have everyone get so invested over a silly little project, thinking something will come of this because my story here just isn’t that good, this is just a way to see what we can do and what we’ll be able to handle as a group. Were doing this project so we can see all the possible mistakes and oversights and know where we stand so for our next project so well have all the kinks worked out. I wouldn’t want to make someones incredible story turn to crap because of an oversight.

I don’t think it would take much time but never the less. Stick to what you want to do. I don’t think this is a silly little project and if you think it’s silly then let’s not do it at all. I can have another go at the music. In this field it’s generally something you do a few times to get what the person want’s. I will think more along the lines of… serious cigar smokers playing poker… yet… with a touch of jungle… hah… I’ll make a few and throw them back up here. Give me til later today or tomorrow. I can assure you it will get done.

That’s a promise

Well, me rigging mutiple bugs, a butterfly and a squirrel would take no less then a week plus modeling and textures but like i said its not ruled out it’s just why add another month to our time frame before we have any idea whats gonna happen. It is a silly little project from the perspective that I wrote a silly little script but that’s the point if it doesn’t turn out great then okay fine, my hearts not invested in it to the point where I’ll be depressed if we can’t do it just right.

That’s why were doing this project we need to work out all the kinks, i mean no one has a magic crystal ball (as far as i know although someone could be holding out on us) even in large studios shit happens bad planning can occur things can go horribly wrong and I would hate to have someones proudest story not work as planned because we didn’t know exactly what we were getting into.

As for the music i have the image of like a rebel military set up in the jungle. Not sure why but try to make music that is appropriate for that.

I do appreciate the commitment ryfer, keep it up.

thanks :slight_smile: i’m sure i’ll help in whatever little way i can, when the time comes.

I’ll see what I can do. I will be in touch within the next day or so as far as the music goes. I will come up with multiple jingles and we’ll see where we get with that. On a final note i’ll keep my eye on this thread. Just to stay up on what conversation has been met.

So I did a head count and we 6 people definitely in 2 people I haven’t heard from in about two days, and one interested. That’s not bad considering I only started looking for people 8 days ago.

But khalibloo had said it right when she talked about" forming a mega network of artists" and considering for the first time in over two years I don’t have a laundry list of stuff to do, in fact I’m happy with my rig as i gave it the rigorous nose picking test. If you don’t know what that means, I tested to see how easy it was to get the him to pick his nose at various elbow angles. I figured I should state for the record exactly my intentions and goals with our collaboration. His arm would have to go way into his chest before it became difficult to make him pick his nose. Nose picking aside…

At first I just wanted to make cartoons, but after seeing all the people here with all sorts of stories who want the same thing that i do. As well as the so far seemingly endless amount of people interested in working, and learning. I mean its almost one a day thus far imagine even a third of that rate in a few months and if we actually have completed work to show people will really start to take us seriously.

My goal is to turn this support into a mega network of artists, where anyone can come to us with a story, a still shot, or any proof they have a real concept and real commitment. And we will be able to set them up with a team and provide them the necessary tools to turn it into a reality. We will accept anyone of any skill level and teach them to work in this environment, and over time they will grow into valuable members of our network.

Now here’s the hard part, I know we can be profitable, it only takes one great animation to make a big enough splash. I mean basically any well animated short on you tube gets about 15 million hits over time. That’s huge, that’s about a million bucks for a 30 second ad if you pull those kinds of numbers on TV. The internet isn’t at the stage yet but I have plans for that as well but all in due time. The biggest problem with viral videos is that person can’t, in a million years, do it again. But we can. There are also other venues such as television and even netflix. But making the first dollar is like landing your first job in CG it’s the most challenging part of your entire career.

In my opinion if we can build a sustainable network here and create a system that will allow us to continually create animation we will without a doubt succeed. If we can make great, unique animation, stories with heart as crazy raunchy cartoonyness (although i get the feeling the latter may apply mostly to me) but most importantly put all our passion into it, it will definitely show.

As for how the business end would work, I believe whomsoever comes to us and pitches there idea should be in charge of what is created if it is decided that the studio wants to sponsor it. I think the creators should own all the rights and have complete control over their product. I don’t believe the studio should have any power over the creator, monetary or otherwise.

I truly believe we can pull this off, I mean for all the disorganization there is, we have a script done, the storyboard is on its way, character models are on the way, rigging has been tested, music is being made, there are still many uncertainties but for only eight days into a project, we are looking pretty good. And when we can finally get organized then we can really see where we stand, I just can’t wait to see where we will be next week…

Thanks so very very much to everyone, I promise you guys no matter what happens this will be a worthwhile and exciting experience.

Captain signing off (HA so glad I picked that name, people have to get my star trek reference here)

Ill be uploading rigged blend project this afternoon so you can see it. Maybe ill add some anomation… Good luck with team assembling. By the way do we have scenario or something? And who will acctually stick onto this project?

Do you ever feel like your spitting into the wind?

To answer your questions Demvamko
Yes the script is at the top of this page.
As for who will be sticking around, the people that are here when we’re done, I don’t know who really has the commitment, I have my ideas. But I reserve my judgment, as singling people out is far worse then the obvious implication.:yes:

Hey, I’m still here as well, will be a bit busy today and later this week, but as I’m on post production, don’t think that matters a whole lot :stuck_out_tongue:

Got some additional questions, you mentioned making money with viral videos. Do you have a YouTube partner account / AdSense income? I think it can take time before they allow you in, and only if you’ve got a clean copyrights record. For some reason they decided to make me a partner a good while ago, after I’d been a good citizen there for several years. So far, I’ve made a few dollars, nothing paid yet (precise numbers I’m not allowed to give).

Also, you mentioned you think the creators should keep all their rights. I agree, but with many artists working together, how to avoid one saying his shots are copyrighted, another saying his rig is CC-BY-SA and the writer wants a different license too? Do you think you should set a standard license (CC-BY to please the open stuff community, or CC-BY-NC to keep the commercial aspect to yourself) for each project by ~the studio~ with the proper credits for all contributors?

Ok im going to get out of this team cause my computer decided not to cooperate. I got some problems so… Good luck you all!

Guys, I really excited about how things are progressing, but have a couple of concerns. 1) I think we need to get organized sooner, rather than later. The more people that join the harder it will be to get people working together smoothly. A good foundation could prevent headaches later on. 2) We need to get a chat or something going to hash out things and exchange some digital contact information. 3) Using this thread for studio communication may be a bit abusive. If we can’t find an alternate source, then maybe we should use the WIP Forum and use this strictly for recruiting. (We can always point to the WIP.) 4) (Unrelated) Why does my return key not work in this forum from my desk top, but it does work from my lap top. If possible PM or email me your info (BA name, Skype name, email address, what you do.) Once I get everyone, I’ll send the master list to everybody.

[EDIT-I’m not sure my language was clear] Okay nemo basically its like how pixar, well Disney (i.e. the creator, the person who pitched the idea, the team leader whatever, NOT THE STUDIO we are building here) actually owns all the rights to what they’re team makes, legality doesn’t need to be nit picked at yet were that far along:p And If you want nemo Ill start putting together scenery and you can try texturing it (texturings a lot like composting…:D)

Bastion 1)Yes we do need to get organized I was waiting for the two people who have committed previously to show up but I haven’t heard a thing so moving on.

1. we do need that chat, I just made a skype account this week and honestly Ive written more emails this week then all my previous emails squared. Digital communication is not my forte. So if someone else knows exactly how we could do that I would love to be enlightened.

2. I just got a website some I’m gonna have to figure out build it in a way that will be most conducive to our purposes.

4)I don’t know what a return key is :smiley:

My skypes crazystickstudios

Team Project Wrectified has 6 members

We are making a game, Open Source and it will show off 3d logic nodes :slight_smile:

It will need many CG cutscenes…

Want to Roll your AV crew into our “Game crew” ?

We need the opening movie done soon :slight_smile: