Water mill

Wow! What a first post :eek: Welcome to the forums! Hope to see more amazing images by you in the very near future!

I do like your render.
I only think that the scale of grass is a bit too large. The rest is so nice.

This is awesome!Looks so real.
Can i ask you please, how you make the lighting?

Saw it on FB page, astonishing work :smiley:

Wow great depth and all but i am not quite sure whats goin on back at the waterwheel. Whats the blue thingy?
but otherise cool!

This is an awesome scene. lots of detail. I feel like i am there

amazing work!
render cycles?

Awesome! it’s very beautiful, good job and Welcome!
the rocks are great! the little lights are nice! :slight_smile:

Very impressive and welc ome to the forums. :slight_smile:

Great work, how long did it take you?

Very soft sunlight and three-point lighting using area lmaps :wink:

Not sure exactly how long but something about 3h. Rendered both in cycles and blender internal and combined in blender nodes.

Beautiful!

How long did it take to render, model? What machine did you use? LuxRender or … ?

Absolutely amazing, though I’m curious about how you set up the material for the water. I’ve been doing a lot of experimenting to try and find a way of making good looking water in cycles, was the water rendered in Blender Internal and composited into the Cycles portion of the render or is there a special node setup you use?

this is an impressive scene, love the nature around the shack!

You are truly talented, Your work is Beautiful, it is an inspiration to newbies like me!

Love the composition! Water wheel or whatever feels a bit out of place but otherwise perfect!

could you talk a bit about modeling the rock wall and shingles? How did you get them to lay like that without overlapping? Was it just a lot of patience?

High quality image and very nice composition :yes: :RocknRoll: :yes:

What I like:

• the great composition
  • the lighting
  • the modeling is amazing
  • the wood- material of the shack and the stone and sand of the riverbed are gorgeous (your materials in general are really top, but those three in particular)
  • the way photographic elements like the trees and sky are seamlessly and naturaly integrated along the rendered parts
  • the look and feel is very friendly and welcoming (very subjective, but I do like bright an friendly renders)

A few spots where I see room for improvement:

• the grass seems to be a bit out of scale (oversized). For my taste it should be much finer and shorter, especially around the shack
  • I find the color of the grass just a bit too bleached out/faded. Grass near a stream should probably be “greener” and more saturated.
  • the rooftiles are modeled to give a very withered look, with all non-uniform placement, which is great. However, the texture doesn’t match that apearance, as everything looks quite clean and bright orange. A bit more dirt could go a long way here. From my experience rooftiles also tend to be more withered or een mossy the further they are from the ridge.
  • have you considered making the wood of the wheels darker, and a bit glossy perhaps, as it’d be wet constantly? If the wheel is supposed to stand still at least the part thats below the waterline certainly would be darker.
  • for my taste the depth of field is far too extreme. This kind of blur makes the whole scene look like a tiny model. If that’s the intended effect, it’s ok. If not do a google-picturesearch for “tilt shift” to get what I mean.
  • the water seems a bit too transparent and shallow for real water to me. Probably it lacks a sky-reflection?

Over all this is a really great picture and I like it very much!