Von Der Dead [team needed]

I have a lot of old computer,old nvidia card:) , current games cant play…I need to upgrade.
Yeah , I try the rig and do some animations, walk cycle , idle…
if it gives all the pieces together , those effects so therefore it might look pretty good:yes:

Currently it needs a fix. Do you have any idea whats the problem in it? Is your GPU worse than GeForce GT 610? I don’t know much NVIDIA cards like that. However, tell me if you find a fix for the animations on the ragdoll;)

Eh,Yes,much worse card , my computer is more to the museum:D
Ocean demo from martinsh necessary for me to 5fps
I still did not download the rig , I look at it , see
but I think it probably will not work , the skeleton has about rigidbody physics?
It will shake nicely when walking:)

Why? In some games like Assassins Creed ragdoll is behaving very, very accurate. The Elpis game made in Blender game engine - just look at that ragdoll. There must be a fix. Wait a minute… Lets ask the developer of Elpis - maybe nweissberg can help us?

Back online , I had a problem with Linux, I did not go to download the files , I had to reinstall. If it works elsewhere so it should go,Yes good idea, developer Elpis game could help. I can not scripting… I focus mainly on modeling , sculpting , texture ,concepts art and would like to improve in animation and rigging I download the rig , and I look at it I create a some buildings and a couple of small things

OK! That’s very useful for me. However, Nweissberg haven’t gave me any answer yet:(

I am working on buildings:yes:

Attachments

Great. Keep them at this detail level, now texturise. Use one material for walls and another for roof;). Use 2048x2048 texture maps for walls and 512x512 tiled seamless textures for roof;) This way we will have it look very smooth, but optimised at once. Bake normals from very detailes mesh(high-poly), similar to this, but with windows and decoration. I hope you know how to bake, but I guess you should know. :slight_smile:

I decided to stick with non-ragdoll character for now, it will be much easier to develop. maybe the physics won’t be very accurately calculated, but it will still look good.
I decided also that we will have to use method similar like blenderrendersky use in The Island in tree cutting for combat so that when sword will touch enemy, the cut animation will stop, maybe with a little delay.

OK! I want to get a good reference. Here is what I need.
Something like this:

But with bars around like this:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/vq9A5FD8G5w/hqdefault.jpg
Could anyone help me converting first image to something like this - the bars can be way less. Just so that I can place image very perfectly and the legs doesn’t slide.

OK! I succeeded to make a good walk cycle myself. Nice!:slight_smile:

I decided to work on this project for a short moment and I made the walk system. Next step is to make run system, jumping, crawling and sliding. I hope that you like current progress. The chicken sounds in the video are NOT part of the game!

When walking, the knees goe outwards. ALso the arm movements are very choppy

Models and textures needed for game
If some one feels ready to help - here you go!:slight_smile:

Note that I won’t accept any textures obtained online. You can use references for modelling and model something from what to bake textures, aswell as use GIMP. Other modelling softwares are allowed, but final result should be a .blend with the model/texture on a plane.

Finally I have something to show off here after long time. I have succesfully made some basic foliage models to place around some levels. They’re simple, low poly and looks pretty high quality.

Needed assets list
Here I added also animations. Please, PM me if you wanna help with animations. Thanks! Sad that there are not any team members yet for this game(or maybe Bishop will return here too for few models at least?)!

As soon as I can get back to my computer I’ll help you out if I can… I have found great assets for foliage that are free and no need to credit the creater. I’ll post a link latter

Thank you, quickmind!:slight_smile:

ok here is the link HEREAlright he has all of this stuffs under public domain, so it is really nice for us! XD

So here I am:D … great that this project will move somewhere.
I model for this project some houses.

house_01 w.i.p with a previous post I have to drive somewhere to find it:) , or do it again because I have to drive a good chaos:D

Attachments