Volkswagen Golf Mk.1

Oh very good sense of speed…great render. The dirt is looking plausible too.
Differs nicely from the usually super clean studio renders.

Thanks! Yeah I was getting tired of doing studio renders anyway…
Update:

EDIT: The compression rate :frowning:

This looks really great. Maybe you could make the driver a bit more visible, but other than that it’s excellent work!

I’ve been following this thread since the beginning, and I must say, you are making great progress on this (and your work in general.)
some comments on this particular scene: The black rocks are probably the biggest thing bugging me right now. Something about the cloud/smoke seems off as well. Will you add background to the scene? The sky is really cool, but a bit of something back there might help?

Wicked-awesome! Exactly how I imagined it might look : D
way to go, man. Flawless execution of those windshield streaks.
Glad you found my input useful!
Ye :wink:

Looks like it’s almost finished! : )

hey, just saw this and thought it’d be appropriate to share.

Wow…That’s awesome! Yeah, the black rocks are the biggest flaw that comes to mind. Otherwise it’s looking great!
Maybe add some distant (blurred) dune on the background.
And should the driver have a co-driver? Someone to read the map.

wow this is looking great!!

Thanks! I made the driver more visible as you suggested, it looks better I think! (And now he is actually the size of an adult male…)

Thanks a lot man! I got rid of most of the rocks and added some other vegetation instead. I think I know what you meant by the smoke being off, hopefully I fixed it. Also continued the sand terrain into the background a little.

Haha thanks! And thanks for the feedback, it definitely looks a lot better now.
Nice to see another VW tearing up a rally stage!

Thanks! I got rid of the rocks, they did look kinda off…
Also added a background dune and a co-driver per your suggestion. Tell me what you think!

Thanks!

After all that great feedback, I went back and changed a bunch of stuff, so let me know what you think now!

Oh man, looks great! The dust from behind the car coming from the wheels looks awesome. Can see it a bit better now~

One thing I’d like to mention is the driver/passenger’s position. They could be angled a little in the neck/spine to show some sort of bracing for momentum etc?
Just a thought- I’m not sure if changing that might make it look off or not, given the small port (windshield).

Also the tufts of grass look a little lifeless- awkwardly narrowish? Maybe have them tilted/bent over a little?

Other than those two trivial points, it looks great : )
Loving it man! This is great stuff.

Thanks for all your input! I changed the things you mentioned, and the final version of the render can be seen here:

I’ll be doing more renders with the base version of the car, so stay tuned!

Nice render @sdighe, you definitively went to town with the textures…OMG!

Great work! I’ve even subscribed to see the progress of the project. Like “the rally render” a lot )
I love quality 3d car models!

Awesome work. I kinda like the previous version more. It literally had flare. My suggestion is to bring it back but tone down the exposure on the car. Pure whites are bad. Don’t be bothered about showing the driver or background that much. The main focus is the car.

I agree that this is awesome, and that the previous version was better.

Glad my input wasn’t too annoying/pickyish and was actually found constructive. :b

This looks absolutely stunning!
Awesome work. It was really neat to watch you develop over the course of a few weeks.
New wallpaper for my phone and my desktop! :smiley:

Haha, thank you.

Appreciate you subscribing, thanks for the kind words!

Thanks! I’m thinking of coming back to this render sometime, so I’ll keep your advice in my mind :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Not annoying at all, actually quite helpful!
Thanks for the continued support :slight_smile:

Sorry for being so late on those responses! I’ve been busy with a lot of stuff. Few things left to do on the interior and then I should be able to sell this model!
Here’s something I started working on for fun:

Looks insanely clean. Mirror stalks seem to join rather abruptly with the door panel (maybe there’d be a rubber gasket there?) but other than that, it’s practically flawless!

Thanks Goldenfrog! I’ll fix that up right after I do the dashboard texture.

Now just trying to decide what to model after I’m done with this…I’ve got lots of half-finished stuff to work on still, but I need something fresh to start on while I slowly work my way through those…

Got about halfway done the dashboard, and fixed the wing mirror:

Awesome project! I am not 100% sure, but the wing mirrors seem to be too small for the standard wing mirror of a Golf MK1.