Volkswagen Golf Mk.1

Thanks! I might redo it to try and get a better result later on, I think I can make it even better…

That would be awesome. It’d be cool to buy an original and completely restore/modernize it, although that’d probably be pretty expensive…

Thanks! Most of the work left on this thing is on the interior, so maybe I’ll rework it and make it look even better…

Remade the badges to replace the .svg imported ones so I could bevel them. Might’ve overdone the brushed texture though…

Not much progress, but here’s a render:

Making some mods for a render idea:

The perspective on that might be a bit extreme :slight_smile:

Looking pretty good right now.

Oh, wicked mods.
Rally that bad boy up! ;D

Looks beautiful so far~

thanks!, yeah I think thats a 15mm focal length.

Haha thanks! Speaking of rallying it up, here is the beginning of a racing livery:

I will be following this thread…nice going!!

Break discs and pads looked awesome! Too bad that they’re hidden behind the rims.

Great job on it @sdighe would love to have a garage filled with every possible colour :wink:

Must say that rallied up version is too clean for my liking…no battle scars…LOL

Thanks!

Haha don’t worry, I’ll do some renders of the non-rally version too.

Thanks! And don’t worry, the cleanliness will be gone soon!

Testing out volume stuff for my render idea. Never really used it before so it looks kinda bad, but its a start…

Update:

Some changes to the dust clouds and trying out some post pro:

EDIT: Also added some dirt to the car:

Your scene’s looking great, sdighe! I think the new dust and dirt on the car will really tie it together with the environment. Nice work!

WOW! Nicely done mate! NOW we are talking!

the texturing looks amazingly blown away…

btw is that smoke you rendered composited-in? cause smoke rendering in cycles is a big headache.

also the smoke on the back end looks opaque-ish… dust trails after some time dissolve and you can see through and stuff.

although i haven’t experimented with the technique in the video… i seriously suggest checking it out cause it may be useful to you

Thanks James!

Thought you’d like it haha.

Thanks for the link!
Its not actually a smoke simulation, its just displacement modifiers and volume materials. I know what you mean about the dust dissipating over time, although in reference I’ve seen (such as this: http://www.walldevil.com/wallpapers/w04/048954-cars-dust-cloud-racing-rally-cars-sports.jpg) the dust cloud behind cars is still mostly opaque because of how quickly its all happening. I do think the dust cloud in my render could be less opaque at the end though, so I’ll see if I can change that. I don’t think I could really use the technique in the video since the dust cloud is so close up that you’d be able to tell that it was actually a series of image planes, but I’ll try the color ramp technique for making the dust cloud more transparent at the end.
Finished up the dirt on the car:

This car has been through a lot…
EDIT: Turns out the file location of the dirt map for the front bumper changed, which is why the front bumper is a solid color. oops…

Aw man, looks awesome.
Way to go man. I’d kiss it- but she’s too dirty… :b

You going to put wiper-blade streaks in the dirt? Or just leave it all dirty to hide the “null driver”?

Looking good!

EDIT: Double post

Thanks man!
Why not both?

Thanks!