Various sci-fi stuff made in Blender (For my novel)

Some of details can’t be seen because the focus is too far away. The spacesuit is something I’ve been working on for some time as well. It has evolved but currently it’s not good enough for close up render.

I also paid attention to controls of the cargo transporter.

Corrected it for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello, I’ve been working on planets and atmosphere shaders but ran into a strange issue. I’ve circled them red in the render below.
I am not quite sure what is causing it. Does anybody know?

It’s a bug, to avoid it use a higher poly sphere.
Here is the bug report. https://developer.blender.org/T37814

Thank you.

A simple subdivision surface modifier corrected the issue.

@ sura_tc
woow , your work is amazing ! i liked the planets and spaceships very much ! they are just Awesome !
please , tell me how to make the design look so clear and clean
like these
/uploads/default/original/4X/b/0/3/b03ff12e4ebea0b62cfded43d9e2856d7805e40b.jpgd=1444691596
/uploads/default/original/4X/2/e/a/2eaecc613ee3155f691b51279fba2285b2872571.pngd=1452209298
/uploads/default/original/4X/9/b/2/9b2c936a1bc7b44d7c318e765fe20aafc95740a9.jpgd=1448940791

is it about lighting ?

Another scene done. It was 100% done in Blender. No post makeup by GIMP.

… I don’t know how to do bright stars like red dwarfs yet, so none of those yet.

I think your cloud sphere should be closer to the planet, and if you duplicate it and scale it up a little bit a few times and make the cloud material half transparent, It will give it a pseudo volumetric look.

Pretty brave material on the ships! I know that can change render times when the action heats up. Planet looks really good on the surface. What are you using to create the star field?

I use Space Engine. I simply take a screenshot of empty space and use it as background.

The planet texture was also from Space Engine although it took a while for me to locate that planet. Planet designation is RS 8411-3-6-149825-1491 if you wish to take a look at the planet within the simulation. The engine has export function where you can get diffuse, normal, bump, and spec texture.

Cloud texture was from NASA’s website.

I attempted your idea but couldn’t get a noticeable result. Perhaps it’s better to create bump texture for the cloud.

I think clouds with volume in that fashion of layered sheets has a stronger appearance when viewed closer but it’s really effective. From far, one layer can pretty much get the idea across.

What’s next for the novel?

I think a displacement modifier by using the same texture might yield a better result. Either way, I will continue to look ways to improve this. Might take some time like most things I do but improvements will be there.

I mainly use Blender to increase immersion. My blender renders in general do not interfere with the novel itself with exception of lore files. The story itself is pretty big already with well over 1,000 pages and unreleased pages are of about equal amount. I’ve been writing it since late 1980 after all.

@sura_tc

I love how you’re trying to do everything, write a book and the CG. Both of which are very difficult and time consuming. You definitely have a creative mind… Your models are very original which is why I like them. Don’t try to build everything in one night. Continue to work on these and areas that need more detail will come to you. Good luck and good job!

Blender Guru just released a new scifi earth tutorial. Might be worth taking a look at it :slight_smile:

Some more great work here!

Thanks.

Lovely, I see it now.

The Blender Guru’s Earth (Cycles) tutorial was very helpful and I was able to improve the planet in the scenes I’ve released before.

The new scenes with improved planet.

The results are continuously getting more impressive. Nice work. :slight_smile:

I’ve wanted to create a scene where I wanted to place most of my creations.

So, here it is. It’s a busy space scene, something we can only dream of at the moment…