UV Align\Distribute

Have I hit a bug or am I just using “Match Islands” wrong? I can’t get it to work, I get the error below.

If I understand the order of steps correctly:

1. move one UV island you’d like to match over the other in the UV editor;

2. hit the 'Match Islands" button.

I usually get the error “list.remove(x): x not in list”

Hmmm, from image it seems like you don’t have an active island. Usually active island are rendered with a “dot” fill pattern. Select the island with the island selection tool, then move the island to the target, and shift-select the target island, this way the last selection you made become the active one, just like all the other object on the scene. This is not a bug but a unmanaged error…

before any other updates, i would like to know if you prefer the rombout version with buttons name labels more short, so next time i’ll use this version of the ui. Thanks!

Yes please :wink:

Thank you - although when I shift-click the second island, it is not marked active, only selected. I have to switch to face select mode, select a face on the second island, and then switch back to island selection mode to move the two islands together before hitting “Match Island”. Not sure whether this is the way the UV editor is supposed to work.

I believe the rotate option works the same way, havent always have proper results with match rotation though

@dmo9000 unfortunately i think yes, it’s a blender uv editor behavior

@rombout did you try to mirror uv island that don’t rotate at first shot? It’s a know bug: if uv island is mirrored on y axis it doesn’t rotate properly.

Hy @rebellion!
Thank you for your fantasic tool!
…only one thing: you give the Information about the button functions twice.
i thing for a smaller toolshelf it would be enough to have the function as maintitle and in the button the exactly synonym for the execution.

or
:slight_smile:

Attachments

@mkbreuer

thats about what i have done but without the colors and the extra backgrounds around the tabs. Is that even possible to give each section a background

Attachments

PS does any one know how i can check the scale or dimensions of a uv island. So i want to know how much its scaled in the uv editor and be able to edit this

Is it possible to make the scale islands work that if one selects some islands and than a last island to scale the first selected to the scale of the last selected without distorting them. Know the eq scale distorts the islands but i want to remain their proportions

you mean averaging them?

Yes, so The scale will be equal to the one selected. Not distort the scale to the selected on.

Actually what i do is simply multiply each uv vert, for the scale difference between the selected and the active one, and yeah it seems to distort island. I need to find a best way to do this…

Edit: Scaling is performed to selected island, so they have same size (in both direction) of the target island. This obviously cause distortion in some of them… Maybe I should add an option to keep proportion, but which axis choose the largest or the smallest one??

What do you mean by “duplicate the uv verts”

ai that’s a good question about the scale direction. Perhaps the option for either x or y, if it’s possible. So users can choose the biggest or smaller direction. But if their scaled identical in both directions perhaps people can use than x & y for scale. Hope you understand me :slight_smile:

New update: improved ui(less text on UI button), now Equalize scale has the options to keep proportions of scaled uv and you can even choose the axis to lock!

As always if you have any improvement let me know!

Thanks! It’s in blender daily builds?

Not yet, this week i’ll push the changes to the repo:)

I get a error for everything i try with version 1.3 on mac??? Im using blender 2.72

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "/Users/romboutversluijs/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.72/scripts/addons/uv_align_distribute.py", line 615, in execute
    makeIslands = MakeIslands()
  File "/Users/romboutversluijs/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.72/scripts/addons/uv_align_distribute.py", line 278, in __init__
    InitBMesh()
  File "/Users/romboutversluijs/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.72/scripts/addons/uv_align_distribute.py", line 60, in InitBMesh
    bm.faces.ensure_lookup_table()
AttributeError: 'BMFaceSeq' object has no attribute 'ensure_lookup_table'

I also didnt see the lock axis function? or is that in the f6 menu?

The script is no more compatible with version prior to 2.73… Api are changed and require a call to a function that in prior version doesn’t exisist. You must update tp blender 2.73, sorry…