UV Align\Distribute

No problem. No rush. We will wait as much as we need.
I already use the Match Island in my UV works. it Rocks!
If it will be possible to use it for only selected vertices - it will be super tool.

Maybe i can make an “unofficial” release here, but always in September XD

Match Islands is awesome! Thank you very much.

Hi, great addon but I miss function to hold aligned UVs together, in complex model it’s really pain… thanx

Can you explain better please??

Hello, rebellion! Such a nice, powerful script, thank you for this!

I’ve got a questions about UV)
Is it possible to select a shortest part between two selected vertices in UV by python (as ctrl+click at edit mode)? It is so strange, that Blender doesnot have mesh selection tools in UV.
I’m rescently dying unwrapping geometry like this
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img843/7845/kcj6.png

It should be possible, actually, i don’t know exactly how, i have to look at blender source code and see how it work for vertex, maybe it can be translated for UV.

Thank you for an answer^^
I gonna try to give this task to Alexander Nedovisin (1D_Scripts, Sverchok).

Is it possible to select a shortest part between two selected vertices in UV by python (as ctrl+click at edit mode)?

Of the many frustrating selection method gaps in the UV editor this one is the worst.:eek: But surely this is not for an add-on but a main program fix?

Just what I needed.

Thanks for making and sharing.

Ive delete some of the parts in the buttons, i found those long button titles annoying and they already have headers telling the main function. for peeps who want this as well

Attachments

uv_align_distribute.py.zip (5.7 KB)

Just wanted to say thanks for this add-on. Its coming in really useful for environmental modeling. Cheers!

I like this plugin so much but times to time I have this error and cant do nothing… What I do wrong?

Hard to say… I need more info, if you can uplaod a blend file and/or tell me the steps that you make before get the error, maybe i can fix it as soon as i can XD

Ok, I did 7z archive. UV already selected. Strange in the same project in some object work as well, in some, I have this error. And if I separate faces with error in to separate object - plugin work, again!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwUDAvN91_GyNnpQMlJ1X1R0SEE/view?usp=sharing

I found the problem: it seems like blender limit the number of iteration loops in the code… This happen for “high” number of faces, in the model. Unfortunately i don’t think there is a solution. You can always split the model, organize the uv and the rejoin the meshes. Sorry for the bad news…

Hi.
I have exception when i use MatchIslands. Blender 2.73 beta.
http://pastebin.com/mte5Bgps

Ok i know what the problem is: basically there an api change, now mesh element subscription require to use ensure_lookup_table() first… This afternoon i’ll work on it.

New update! Now working with upcoming version(2.73).

Thanks for bug reporting!!

Cool! Thanks!