Undiscovered Paradise

I liked it but there is a problem with scale I think, it is a bit confusing whether those are giant plants or it’s a tiny arch

I’d say based on the size of the butterflys it’s a small rock formation. I really like this, it’s a great piece. My only quiery is the water in the bottom left corner, it seems a bit fake, with the large glumps of spec. Very nice :smiley: The first time I’ve given stars and it’s 5 for you.

nice you using blender render?

Yes, its blender internal, i think it gives me most control about the final image, and i don’t like external renders. They’re often to “real”, and blenderinternal has it’s “own style” :wink:

Thanks for all the comments, for moving this to the gallery and using it as the header of BA, i’m very happy about it, thank you, thank you, thank you! :slight_smile:

that is probably the most beautiful render i’ve ever seen…
Its gonna take a looong time for me to get there if i ever get there…

it is fantastic u did a marvelous job

one thing i want to know is bcz i m new to blender
do u learned this from any institute or online documents are sufficeient for get that art work as your
should i go for any instiitution or online domentation are sufficient

@ anuragvohraec

Nope, no Institute, learned everything i know online. :wink:
There are so many (Video-)Tutorials out there, so internet is all you need.

can we see your lighting setup? i can never eniforn enough lighting wothout getting about 10 shadows!!??

Sure, but it’s pretty easy. A bright sunlight from the left and a dark blue sunlight without shadows and with nospec from the right. Together with ambient occlusion you get what you see :wink:

It looks awesome!
Congrats on getting on the banner.:wink:

That’s amazing!!!I mean…amazing…I can’t even think of a decent metaphor,to compare how good this really is…And you did all of it,even the textures in blender.
5*-ed,I really wish there were 8*

Just to ask did you used radiocity?

I find the lack of a fill-light in the front left to be objectionable… there’s not quite enough detail in the shadows there, nor on the front edge of the arch.

I find the lack of a fill-light in the front left to be objectionable… there’s not quite enough detail in the shadows there, nor on the front edge of the arch.

Sorry, but i think i dont understand exactly what you want. :\

And you did all of it,even the textures in blender.

Gna, not all Textures of course. The Rock-Texture and two of the plant-textures are phototextures. With “All done in Blender” in the first Post, i ment, no other modelling programms, no generators, no scripts, no external renderengines, no postpro etc. Sorry if there was an misunderstanding.

Just to ask did you used radiocity?

Nope, no radiosity.

You should enter a splash in the 2.49 splash screen contest.:yes:

Did it a few days ago, i think its on the 2nd page of the thread :wink:

Ah, I see. post #38

Absolutely fantastic! 5*!
The only crit from me is that the water particles splashing up against the rock seem a little to flat, but the plantlife is amazing!

Great work, sliX!

I’m more interested in how you did the rocks: I know you started from a rock photo texture, but looking at the finer cracks, your rocks must have quite high poly count?

And I suppose the bush at the top left is also just a bunch of alpha leaf textures?

I’m more interested in how you did the rocks: I know you started from a rock photo texture, but looking at the finer cracks, your rocks must have quite high poly count?

Nope, not soo high. I startet with an IcoSphere, subdivided it a few times and shaped it to a rock. Then i’ve added an SubSurf and a Displacement-Modifier. Together with a normalmap and the right materialsettings you get what you see on Page 1 :wink:

And I suppose the bush at the top left is also just a bunch of alpha leaf textures?

Jep, a bunch of alpha leaf textures that took a long time to get rid of empty places and figure out the right material settings, so it doesnt look like a black pile of planes :smiley:
But hey, at least the alpha-leaf-texture is 100% Blendermade xD
And i think its a good result, so why make a lot of hard work to get just a slightly better result?

Thanks for all comments btw :slight_smile:

Magnificent work ! I hope i’ll can do something like that one day…
Could you share links where you find textures/materials ? I’m interested in some, especially the rocks texture :slight_smile:
Thanks !

Personally, I love the lighting the best. Everything else fits in quite well with it, but the lighting really makes the image. I don’t have any crits, but I’m not a critic and easily pleased :slight_smile:
Can you PM me regarding your computer setup? I’m trying to get my q9550 to 4.0… having lots of challenges getting any decent OC at all.