Tron-R {reboot || reloaded} An open source openworld of tron

Ok, one method is LibLoad, And LibFree, but if you cycle it and have texture caching enabled,
it crashes blender at the moment, however unchecking material caching means it will take longer to load each piece(from what I understand)

this way, you can load and unload things as you see / dont see them,

another trick is using a geometry shader to clone a object,
you can use the same building 30 times in a cluster, and offset uv to make
30 different buildings, with a lower cost
(1 draw call for 30 buildings)

but there are things to balence,
Like the LOD would be tricky.

we need real hardware instancing of meshes, WITH lod per instance.
I don’t really know how to write gsl…

http://rastergrid.com/blog/2010/10/gpu-based-dynamic-geometry-lod/

this looks interesting.

Thank you for answering, I didn’t know that it was possible to speed up LOD by shaders

I recently tried to make a light trail on my cycles, I use a geometry shader for it. The shader works fine but the probleme is that actually the object is hidden when the basic mesh (not the shader modified mesh) is out of the field or view.

trail-test.blend
This is a screenshot of my exemple file

As you see, the original mesh is shown by physic visualisation. When I displace the camera, The trail is hidden even if the shader displace it around the cycle.

I anyone know how to disable occlusion culling FOR ONE OBJECT ONLY, or how to show this object anyway ?

This looks awesome! I will have to download it when I get a chance and see if it will run on my system. Hopes are not high, it looks too good! :cool:

If you are still looking for someone to do some sound design, let me know. I could probably rig up some good synthesizer engine vroom, and your various bleeps and bloops appropriate to the setting.
Drop me a PM or something.

Thanks!
I don’t know how this thread should be used, so I answered by user to user message.
Which synthesier have you got ?

A big problem: since yesterday BGE freezes each time I load a file with async=True during the game (not at start in script start_game.py) !!
I can’t use async=False because it makes a segmentation fault.
If I change use_material_caching or some options like it, The BGE freeze during animations or a bit later …
What do you think of that ?

there have been many recent fixes with libLoad etc, I would check it out in 2.75 when the RC candidate hits like next week

This looks amazing, when I started blender this was my dream, to create a Tron universe, I am excited to see this go farther.

Good idea, to try an other blender version, you just have to change the blender installation path (path of blenderplayer executable) in blenderplayer_path.txt
(root of the game directory).

Small issue in the recent freeze : it disappear if i delete collision sensors, One only is supported without crash (so i used thisone for the elevator of my building)

This new building is a place to store program disks, for when we want to keep a backup of a program.
The building from outside:

The big light line on the side is a gauge that is proportional with the number of disks stored in (1 by stage). Stages will come when I will be able to make more elevators whith collision sensors.

The hall :

You can see the desktop of the doorman …
At the back of the room is the elevator that conduce to the up stage where it is possible to select to which disk you want to access (coming)

Good New: the blenderplayer executable of the RC2 of Blender 2.75 is no more crashing !
It’s now possible to use it instead of Blender 2.72.
To get Tron-R working with 2.75 RC2 instead of 2.72, you just have to download blender, extract it, and copy location of blender executable in blenderplayer_path.txt

Here I present the new HUD:

As you can see, the “history mode” is updated, Image is now warpped on the screen sides, and color is diffracted (RGB are separated).
the shader is at github: https://github.com/jimy-byerley/Tron-R-reboot-reloaded-/blob/installed/filters/history_mode.glsl
Each pixel take the pixel value of an other pixel according to the mathematical function:
x’ = x - (x - sin(x * 2*PI) * 2/PI ) ^2 where x’ is the coordinate of the pixel to take value.
(same thing for y)

An other screenshot of the history mode update:

FLYNN LIVES!

I finished a new skin, The first I really did myself.

The textures of the jean and the Tshirt are from Makehuman, but modified to be integrated in the Tron universe.
For the jacket, I made the normal map by baking a HD mesh in Blender.

Blender file is here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jimy-byerley/Tron-R-reboot-reloaded-/installed/models/characters
and textures: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jimy-byerley/Tron-R-reboot-reloaded-/installed/textures/characters

Top notch work,

:slight_smile:

I finished the start menu interface for LAN or internet connection.
The user should have the IP address of the server, the port used and his login:

And by the way: the menu is now usable with the mouse (and not only with the keyboard) !

The network system of my game is finally working, I think a network version can be effective in 1-2 weeks.

how much does it cost to rent a asset server like second life? could you host a micro mmo sandbox? or is it to be deathmatch or something else entirely?

It could be the both in my mind. To describe it, I think to GTA5 whenever my game is smaller smaller smaller smaller …
So with missions given by bots, and freedom for everyone.
Il think to organize disk and cycle arena games, but of course, all the game is based on politics games (It’s a hard work to create it in a game, I don’t know if I will accomplish all my objectives).

In all cases, I will try to make an official server. The most important problem with renting, is that it is not an official game, so no host can be sure of the content of my executables because there is no enterprise to certify it.
I still hope.

I’m working on the network synchronisation of objects for a LAN version of the grid. But I have a problem: I should be able to make the difference between 2 objects with the same name (for object added by logic.addObject() or with the actuator).
Is there a way to rename an object during the game ?
Is there a simple syntax to get an object from the list of objects of the scene (scene.objects) with a property or someelse the object’s name ?

I would very much like to see the scheme for this animating script I can’t seem to find a way effectively(automaton like from commands on the command line) despite making a IK chain very efficient for forward keyframe adding of 7 handles for a character and his vehicle see picture. thanks in advance, also Im working on duplicating the baton transform effect. for the vehicles.

test armature. IKhandles scripted intuitively is needed and I cannot figure the pathway generation for considering joint angles. also see the action animation from seven IK handles at http://brockyl.users.sf.net/armatureTest.gif

Attachments