Tractor Transmission

So clean, so new! :slight_smile: Like this!

alternator is too clean !
need some more topo and good textures!

also nut in front is way too big !
see
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=car+alternator&FORM=HDRSC2

happy cl

Thanks for that, however, he said sheepishly, take a look at the alternator on this:

I think that’s because it is exposed, they kept the detail to a minimum, helps to stop cow s**t going in it! I suppose now I am being selective about what is authentic and what is not!

I will look again at it - you’re right about the nut though. I have also corrected the tread on the front tyre.

Cheers, Clock.

Update: Before someone says they weren’t green and white, mine was! Here is an old photo during its rebuild in early 1990’s I had still to make the new mudguards, etc. Photo quality is a bit poor - old pre-digital technology you know.

what year is this tractor ?

saw that you use the lattice to deform tire which looks great !
sorry for generator I’m in the elec field and a little crazy about elec details things ! LOL
this probably did not have the final mat + texture anyway

but coming along nicely

happy bl

It’s a 1968 model. It is still going strong, the guy who bought my house in France wanted it, so now he has it - he washes it every time he uses it, it has never been so spoiled! I ended up making new mudguards, a fork lift and bucket for the back of it and once I moved it to France, I made an open cab as well, I will try to dig out some photos of it.

Thanks for the comment on the tyre, I got there in the end. I don’t think anything has its final mats & textures yet, so much to learn in this regard, but I am getting there slowly. I have photographed a sheet of aluminium and started to play with it as either a texture or bump/normal map, it looks much better than my aluminium so far. More once I have something meaningful to show.

Cheers, Clock.

First engine run at slow speed:

500 cycles sample rate, motion blur set at 0.5 shutter, I don’t know if this is correct or not, it’s the first time I used it! :smiley:

I have made the inlet valves bigger and changed the profile, after a kind suggestion here.

Just wondering what method you used to animate the lifters motion ??

Sorry this is just a quick reply - I’m off travelling for a week.

I use a flattened out cam profile with an empty on it, which uses the profile in a curve modifier, driven along it cyclicly in time with the cam shaft, I then take the Z value of this through a driver to move a bone up and down, which is connected through the rockers to the valve, using an IK chain. I will post a picture when I get settled on an internet connection later in the week. But that’s the quick answer!

Cheers. Clock.

Here is the photo of the cam profile and armature I promised some time ago and didn’t do…:o

It shows all four required profiles, and the first rocker set armature in Octahedral display.

If anyone would like more details, I can do a quick tutorial on my website - in the next week or so.

Cheers, Clock.

I have not been to this project for a while, having been hooked on my Jet Plane and Canberra Projects. However, I have used some of the parts of this model to make this tractor for my Canberra WIP. This was a 1950’s David Brown RAF special. I did not include all the gearbox stuff though, way too much that would never get seen. I will come back to this once I have sorted some more techniques that I have been practicing on the Canberra.

Cheers, Clock.

EDIT

I should have said that the tractor is not finished yet!